Page 97 of 211 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

i figured it was something to that extent but i couldnt quite remember

Quote Originally Posted by ol burj View Post
    question, what happens if your front axle and rear axle are geared differently?
    You do some f'kin math and get different sized tires to make em match.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    ya, what flem said. Something will blow the f*ck up. If you have to have your rig geared differently (temporarily off course). Either keep the front hubs unlocked or if you don't have selectable hubs take the front d-shaft off.
    ask him how he knows
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    how much of a difference are we talkin here? 4.53 vs. 4.56 or something of the like? Less than ~5% shouldn't ever be a problem on the trail, and if you drive it in 4wd on the road and something you are just a dummy.

Speaking of , has BDR got turned back on yet or do I get to keep calling him a queen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    how much of a difference are we talkin here? 4.53 vs. 4.56 or something of the like? Less than ~5% shouldn't ever be a problem on the trail, and if you drive it in 4wd on the road and something you are just a dummy.

Speaking of , has BDR got turned back on yet or do I get to keep calling him a queen?

Some Broncos came stock with rear 3.55's and front 3.50's
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Some Broncos came stock with rear 3.55's and front 3.50's
    Which is only a 1.4% difference correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

some dodges came stock with 4.11 rears and 4.10 fronts.

True Hollywood Stry
    Has anyone seen or read if you can take parts from a fixed yoke ford np208 and convert the chevy slip yoke 208 to a fixed yoke? Links would be sweet if you know of some.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Parts from a dirt cheap NP218 might work. I know a guy...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

lowballing someone
    yes it will work, u can also use a fsj 208 that are all fixed yoke. so is dodge
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

ill be your pickup man
    So apparently they do make drivers side 60 balljoint knuckles already machined for a high steer arm....

http://www.solidaxle.com/productcart...gory=9#details

It is odd that the description says for Chevy and Dodge, but I think that just means that I would need to run Chevy outers (spindles/hubs/rotors) I think that the ball joint part would still mesh with my Ford 60 inner knuckles.

ANyone else know if anyone is making a balljoint drivers knuckle that could utilize the Ford outers? Though if I ran Chevy outers, I could bum outer shafts from Sharpe and Colman......
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    So apparently they do make drivers side 60 balljoint knuckles already machined for a high steer arm....

http://www.solidaxle.com/productcart...gory=9#details

It is odd that the description says for Chevy and Dodge, but I think that just means that I would need to run Chevy outers (spindles/hubs/rotors) I think that the ball joint part would still mesh with my Ford 60 inner knuckles.

ANyone else know if anyone is making a balljoint drivers knuckle that could utilize the Ford outers? Though if I ran Chevy outers, I could bum outer shafts from Sharpe and Colman......
    $1000 for a pair of knuckles sounds too steep. I've seen others before, i think branik motorsports will machine them for you.

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    yes it will work, u can also use a fsj 208 that are all fixed yoke. so is dodge
    Do you have any links or what site you saw it on? When I search all I find is boot leg tap/flange sye's.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Do you have any links or what site you saw it on? When I search all I find is boot leg tap/flange sye's.
    The internals *should* be identical. swap out the main shaft and tail housing (slip yoke housing).

or find a FSJ NP208 and swap out the input shaft, which would be much easier.

but i take it you have both, so... why dont you tear them apart and do a detailed write up for us?
    Last edited by Eckert; 04-14-2010 at 11:49 PM.

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    The internals *should* be identical. swap out the main shaft and tail housing (slip yoke housing).

or find a FSJ NP208 and swap out the input shaft, which would be much easier.

but i take it you have both, so... why dont you tear them apart and do a detailed write up for us?

That's the problem I sold all of my ford 208's before I bought my house so now I actually have to buy one to see if this works .

One last question before I go buy one and play lego's with t-cases. I have never been inside a chain drive t-case so this may be a dumb question, but is the front input attached to the mainshaft/tailshaft or are you able to change the input so that you can get the right spline count for your trans.

I don't think ford ever used 32 spline inputs so I would need to swap my chevy 32spline input onto the ford mainshaft correct?