Thread: The Frawg!

hd 44 or ttb

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

exiled no more
    Quote Originally Posted by RCook527 View Post
    hd 44 or ttb
    yep...this was news to me...i dont know if knew and forgot about the lapse from 80-86(?) or never knew...anyway...it has TTB...

so...i picked up my HP BJ D60 today along with a set of 5.13s and install kit...time to start collecting the rest of the parts

still been working, slowly, on making the centers of the H2 wheels bigger
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rockfrawg; 07-09-2008 at 11:29 PM.

lowballing someone
    i'm still surprised that they wouldn't fit. they fit on a d70U. what has bigger hubs than that?
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

exiled no more
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    what has bigger hubs than that?
    the D60 rear from a 90 E350 van apparently...they go on except for the last 1/2" or so where the hub has bigger ridges than the rest of the hub...its definitely

its cause your **** of ford

exiled no more
    Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    its cause your **** of ford
    can someone translate plz?

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    it's cause your sh!t is a ford is what he meant to say I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

yeah, i forgot that the board brings the gay and censors what we want to say

It, however, has nothing to do with your ****ty spelling.

exiled no more
    whats up peeps? its been a while but since our last encounter i've been a busy boy...i finished my last semester in college and finally freakin' gradumacated from University of Texas at Arlington with my degree in Accounting. I worked an internship at an accounting firm in the fall while humping thru 15 hrs and doing the baby thing and have since gotten a job with said accounting firm. I've been catching up on bills as fast as I can and am almost ready to finish out buying the rest of the parts I need to get this thing rolling...

12 month recap: At the Tamor 10 yr @ 47 I stripped out the spider gears in the IFS, pulled it apart and had Busa weld it up for me, then in October on the trip to Katemcy I broke a CV shaft and the Taco has pretty much just been yard art in my backyard since then.

I think i've decided in the last couple of days that I probably want to go with a D70 rear, probably D70U, which I'll be shopping for over the next couple of weekends. My reasoning behind this is that I want to use the bigger 35 spline shafts and would like to have the flat belly of the 70U, bigger ring gear doesnt hurt either and hopefully it would save me from having to finish grinding the centers on the H2 wheels, which I never did. Probably going to use 5.13s unless someone is aware of anyone who makes 5.38s...the next step as far as what I can find is 5.86s and I dont think i want to go that low purely b.c. of pinion strength, unless someone knows that it is not an issue. since no one makes a spool for a D70 it will be getting welded up. the front 60 will get a Detroit, and unless Busa talks me into full hydro i will be using the surplus center dot com hydro assist, down low...with the tie rod and drag link setup similar to how Nix did his Ranger.

you cant see it extemely well in this pic but it kinda goes something like this...

the red being where the leaf springs are...he's had his setup this way for a couple of years w/o issue and it will hopefully at least get me rolling down the road until necessity calls for upgrade/improvement

so for right now my to do list includes purchases of a D70 and 5.13s, detroit for the front, an oil pan conversion kit to make the 2.7L rear sump and a bunch of misc bracketry from Sky that should make the whole swap a lot easier and cleaner. down the road will come more upgrades to the 60 as required, but i'm just anxious to have it ready to wheel for the summer.

lemme know what you think might be holes in my plans...

-Austin

P.S. The accounting firm where I work is in downtown Fort Worth and is hiring from interns on up if anyone knows someone looking for job, just email me: austin.roberts@sbf-cpa.com

lowballing someone
    eckert has a 70 for sale
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

there is a d-70u at awesome auto salvage on jefferson in dallas.

exiled no more
    Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    there is a d-70u at awesome auto salvage on jefferson in dallas.
    i love that place! prolly stop by this weekend...is it pulled or still in a truck?

exiled no more
    tax refund is on its way...should be just enough to cover the rest, maybe i'll get this thing strung together sooner than i thought...

Quote Originally Posted by rockfrawg View Post
    i love that place! prolly stop by this weekend...is it pulled or still in a truck?
    still in a truck, with no bed.