Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: fancy cool name

lowballing someone
    that front bumper looks like it wants a winch
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

more
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i have a few more. but cant get them to load.

now on to tech:

cook;travis, what kind of lift did yall gain from a reverse shackel lift? looks strait foward. the rear springs are 56" eye to eye w/ 3" lift blocks. the fronts at ~53" and negative arch and a 90* shackel angle. what can i get away with on the front. chevy 56" springs? then flip the TRE on the drag link/J-arm so the angle isnt so severe? should that sit about level?

i pretty sure the bumper could house a winch. but i think i want 35 spline axles and a locka first.

i also got all the wiring sorted out and everything working, the wiring under the bed/tailights was a mess. still waiting on insurance so i can get this peice inspected.

I'm not a hug fan of the reverse shackle but it can give about 2-3 inches of lift I figure. Any kind of springs on the front is an improvement and fairly easy from what I figure, but the steering sucks. Just go look at cooks thread and do exactly what he did and never look into the trugly thread or do what I have done.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

yea, there is some good info in my thread amonst the shat. i'll chime in tomorrow when i haven't been drinkig

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

that truck looks like the old truck at the COOP, an old 2wd dually w/ a welding bed. It was a major POS, rusted out, and had similar fuel problems Jerry was talking about. The wiring harness was melted from the numerous times it backfired and caught on fire. I put a few carb fires out myself. I parked it a couple of times back in the shop using low gear and the starter. We ended up torching the cab off, bending in the frame rails to make a tongue and made a dually welding trailer out of it. It looked fairly retarded. Then we took the engine, tranny, and cab to Bryan Iron.

exiled no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    what kind of lift did yall gain from a reverse shackel lift? looks strait foward.
    the shackle flip will give you an amount of lift thats equal to the length of the shackle. if you can find lowering shackles the right width you can throw those on there for a few extra inches

stock shackle

longer shackle

if you use the stock shackle and bolt you've gotta put the bolt thru the shackle from the inside or the bolt will rub the frame, which means putting the shackle on the spring before you bolt the shackle to the hanger
    Last edited by rockfrawg; 06-25-2008 at 01:02 AM.

that using the stock hanger **** sucks. get some f350 hangers. best way to go for the rear shackle flip.

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

ill be your pickup man
    shackle flip with F250 hangars, stock bronco shackle. I run stock rear springs no blocks with this setup and clear 36s easily.

f450 shackle
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by RCook527 View Post
    that using the stock hanger **** sucks. get some f350 hangers. best way to go for the rear shackle flip.
    i do have f350 hangers. they look more like the one rockfrawg used and not so much like yours. it appears to me that i can simply flit the hanger around.

[QUOTE=JBrown89;194270]shackle flip with F250 hangars, stock bronco shackle. I run stock rear springs no blocks with this setup and clear 36s easily.
    QUOTE]

yours hand way below the frame, as where mine would sit alot higher. but i do have a 3" block. so maybe i could clear a 35" somewhat easy.

the idea is to retain a shackel agian like / instead of \ on the rear, right? otherwise you would have zero down travel. and it might reverse and lock out?

sounds like i got a easy fix for the rear. but what should i do about the front. someone with 56" chebbys want to measure the arc so i can get a rough idea on how much is would raise the front?

im sure i should gain about an inch after i get rid of the bed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    i do have f350 hangers. they look more like the one rockfrawg used and not so much like yours. it appears to me that i can simply flit the hanger around.
    \

yeah you can do that but your shackle angle will be Horrible. i would do what cook and John have done or get sky mfg flip brackets and bolt them into the stock locations.

I have a set of 56's chillin in the backyard you can come finger**** and Pigpen has a set on the front but they have add-a-leafs in em.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Shackle angle should be like Cook's.

John has to clear a body, you won't have one. So it really just comes around to making the rear kind of level with the front. Figure out what tire size you're gonna run first and lift/trim the front to fit. Then worry about the back.

exiled no more
    oh yeah...i guess i should have mentioned that there was no axle in the truck when i took that picture, (no weight on it), i was more showing what it looks like when you flip the shackle...and, the top of the shackle hanger sat above the frame. once I got it sitting on the ground and the springs broke in it sat about stock angle.

ill be your pickup man
    my first pic was unweighted, fyi
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4