Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: fancy cool name

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    i do have f350 hangers. they look more like the one rockfrawg used and not so much like yours. it appears to me that i can simply flit the hanger around.
    mine and JBs are f-250/f-350 front hangers for the rear springs. don't do the stock hanger flip, it does nothing but a couple inches of lift. your shackle angle will still suck

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

ill be your pickup man
    Mine do hang low, but my gas tank skid takes the hits. The F450 shackles are pretty stout if they do get in the rocks. That doesnt matter to you though, you can put them has high as you want if you do not have a bed. Been wheeling it with that setup for many years and have not had an issue yet.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

well that makes sense of the different hangers and shackel angles now.

been thinking. maybe if i put the rear springs up front, i could run 63's out back with a flipped hanger and get a shackel to fit.
    Last edited by Eckert; 06-26-2008 at 04:41 PM.

I would stick with 56's or so. I have 63's in Pigpen and am not impressed with the flex, plus they kill my departure angle.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    The 63"s are more for the mini truck crowd. If you go with the 56"s I recomend a traction/anti-wrap bar. If you stay with smaller tires and chevy 52"s, you won't need the AW bar as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

yeah but now that he is hanging a one ton axle underneath the 56's should flex fine, but like he said, they are easiest to fit

Damn wrong thread, go with 56's they work very good, just get something that is easily found at the junkyard.

if you want to keep it ford you can get some ford 57's They come in Rangers, explorers, and f-150s

get a set or two and mix and match springs and get the spring you want. Look for thin leaves

also: is you drive to Waco, Heralds junkyard will pull you a set of springs for around $50
    Last edited by AggieTJ2007; 06-27-2008 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

True Hollywood Stry
    just find some bronco or f-150 springs they will work the best. With a set of front hangers moved out back like cook and john brown. Thats is what i had on big nasty and it flexed fine. I jacked the truck up, and let the springs with shackle and hanger attached droop completely. Then i welded the hanger to the frame when my shackle was vertical with the springs still at full droop. This gave me around 5 icnhes of lift with stock hangers and springs, plus it also gave me an almost perfect shackle angle at ride height..
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    yeah but now that he is hanging a one ton axle underneath the 56's should flex fine, but like he said, they are easiest to fit

Damn wrong thread, go with 56's they work very good, just get something that is easily found at the junkyard.

if you want to keep it ford you can get some ford 57's They come in Rangers, explorers, and f-150s

get a set or two and mix and match springs and get the spring you want. Look for thin leaves

also: is you drive to Waco, Heralds junkyard will pull you a set of springs for around $50
    i usually go to harolds in briggs. they seem to have a pretty good size yard and a good supply of trucks.

going to look at some tires sometime this weekend. so i might step it up to 35" buckshots.

57's with a few more leaves and some 56's up front sounds like what im going to end up with. all i need it for travis to put the 56 on the front of the trugly to see how they turn out.

i also got the a/c to work today. all i need is a DVD player now.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    had the same thing on the bronco, flipping the stock hangers is gay and doesnt give much in the lift department
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

requested by the sand man:

paid $800 and drove it home. spent about $100 on tune-up, making it legal, and random misc parts. sold the bed for $750. i never touched it. i hooked a buddy up to install it on another truck for $350 while i was gone.

so i have $150 total in the truck as of right now. rear end must have raised a good 3" and now has a rake. which should even out if i install 56" leaves F&R. i need to make a bed or buy some tube and expanded metal. i cant drive the truck at all without it shaking me out of it, glass rattling, etc. hopefully some 1/2ton springs will help out too. maybe i could comp cut a short bed(still got your bed cook?) and make that work? i know i should prob shorten the wheelbase about 15-20". but really dont feel like messing with the fuel tank, drive shaft, and everything else.

Cook's old bed went to Bryan Iron many moons ago.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

shorten the wheelbase, it is well worth it and easy.

I'm guessing the back tires are hopping off the ground everytime you hit a bump? This could be solved with half ton springs, decent shocks, shortened wheelbase, some type of bed and a raised front end.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

i have a short bed of that vintage at my casa in SA
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

Quote Originally Posted by TMatheaus View Post
    i have a short bed of that vintage at my casa in SA
    la vernia correct?

and youll be happy for me to get it off your property, correct? if not, state your price.

looking for some ~35's and half ton springs. took the sway bars off. drive it to town a couple days a week. going to get the a/c charged on sunday.

the cab is pretty much JUNK. floor boards have some rot from non exsistent window seals. couple rust holes in the back of the cab. back of cab fubar from either installing the bed or ??? and rusted drip rail/windshield frame. fire wall foward is in decent shaope though. doors/rockers/glass all good.

so i got some different options here

Plan A: replace floorboards and make some sliders/protection

Plan B: to hell with sliders and floorboards and boat side

Plan C: **** it and see if i cant make it look like it went through a meat grinder.