Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Screwed Me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams View Post
    find a company that will essentially replace your truck without bickering and grasping at straws for reasons not to, and I'll kiss your ass.

I've heard stories just like this about all of the Big 3 (I bought a Lemon, Hillshire Ford can't fix it, FOMOCO won't fix it), and I think even toyota.

I'm surprised they didnt blame the chip. Seems that would've been my first argument if I were them.

The Magnuson-Mass act or something like that (i think) says they can't just say no to a warranty claim, they have to prove that it actually caused the problem. If you take them to court you may be able to go after them for court costs as well. I may be talking out of my ass here though, and I still can't see why they didnt blame the chip.

Have you contacted cummins?

Correct. They have to PROVE that the aftermarket part they say caused the problem, actually caused the problem.

Is this the E.H. Green in Odem?
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

I have the report that the dealer took stating that there "is no signs of performance enhancers in duty cycle or trip monitors". There were also "signs of other injector problems on #4 & #5 piston heads". I installed the chip about 5,000 miles after i blew the first injector, at about 37,000 miles. The ****ty part is that a buddy of mine was using the truck towing his broken down Jeep from College Station to Corpus Christi at night when I was out of town, and so he wasn't used to the truck.

Yep in Odem

it's kinda funny dodge always advertises they have one of the best warranties. I certainly would not settle for a junkyard motor that you have know idea on how it was serviced.
    I would take it to another dealer... All I can say is get the direct number of the regional service rep and wear out his phone....And then wear out his boss's phone. Everyday. Then start calling from other numbers.

Is the dealer way over on Warranty hours or in deep do do on another totally unrelated issue w/ another truck. You know they are budgeted on warranty hours and $$ spent on warranty on monthly/quarterly basis. When they go over the manufacturer starts cutting back severely on quarterly payouts/bonus/holdbacks. Which to a lot of dealers is the only way they make money on sales. The other way is customer pay service repairs.

We did get ahold of the regional customer service and customer retention rep, Paul Sweeney (central U.S) and could not get to anyone higher. He is not too happy that we have his direct line Myself, my boss, my dad, and my insurance agent have all put in many calls to the rep too. anyone else want to call him? I have his direct line. All you get when you call Chrysler is they just have you talking to some Indians on the other side of the world who barely speak english.

EH Green has sucked since I can remember, this doesn't surprise me at all.

call fox 4 news and tell them what's buggin' you!
    seriously though, I would contact the news...may be difficult if they advertise on that channel.

Fox news doesnt exist down souf. Its all about K-III TV-3!
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by sammybeast View Post
    The ****ty part is that a buddy of mine was using the truck towing his broken down Jeep from College Station to Corpus Christi at night when I was out of town, and so he wasn't used to the truck.
    This gets better and better. So he was towing with a chip on, who knows what the EGTs were (you do have guages, right?) and you still feel entitled? I'm not saying that you can't get something out of the deal, but saying you got screwed is a bit much. I guess Flem better start making those reperations he has talked about, they kinda got screwed too.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    This gets better and better. So he was towing with a chip on, who knows what the EGTs were (you do have guages, right?) and you still feel entitled? I'm not saying that you can't get something out of the deal, but saying you got screwed is a bit much. I guess Flem better start making those reperations he has talked about, they kinda got screwed too.

While I can understand both sides of this, if they put it on paper that there were no tuners involved, I believe he has a good case. Reperations, schmeperations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Was there any hypnosis involved in that ASE certification class you took, Seth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

*** no

its just the diesel tuner mentality that gets me
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    so it's fine to put a chip on a truck, or to upgrade FI injectors on a gasoline, but just because it doesn't take much more than a little electronic tweak to get loads of more power out of a diesel you get all jealous???

we can kiss and make up later. :blackwink:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I guess Flem better start making those reperations he has talked about, they kinda got screwed too.
    You were there when I gave away a slice of pizza, I've settled up my tab.

Real rigs drive home.