Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Screwed Me!!!

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    So your just saying that a gas motor NEEDS the power and someone with a diesel WANTS the power.? To me more power is the same however you look at it, its not needed but can make driving more enjoyable/better.

I have yet to get below 15 since with my new tunes, no long hauls just boats and such. Before the best i was getting was 15 and averaged 13 with any city of towing.
    I have a tuner for better shift points. I haul more weight than the majority of diesel drivers on this board at 75mph. I do not NEED more power. If I WANTED more power, I would not WANT to pay $5/gallon for it.

I respect farmer Joe hauling a dozen hay balesIdo not respect redneck bubba in his Dodge dually covered in marker lights with an exhaust pipe large enough to put my head in and a "git 'r dun'" bumper sticker, blowing smoke down Texas hauling nothing but empty Keystone cans.

Varsity has never given me a problem about my Edge. When I burned up the transmission at 70k under warranty due to rocking it in the mud, they tried to give me **** about the mud, not the programmer that had the shift points at +2. I knew it was my fault, but argued just regular wear/tear. They fixed it under warranty with ver little arguing on my part.

If I was a service rep at Dodge, I would be wary of this diesel ricer fad too. Is this your truck? or your boss's?

goddamnit how do you turn off over-write on Internet Explorer.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    goddamnit how do you turn off over-write on Internet Explorer.
    "Insert" button
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

While we're on the subject, saw this gem in Port A this weekend. Complete with rattling flapper.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BDR

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    While we're on the subject, saw this gem in Port A this weekend. Complete with rattling flapper.
    that passenger has to eat some smoke when he gets on it

Zoomie on a diesel, always klassy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

How do you open the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by bburris View Post
    How do you open the hood?
    Let the dealership worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman View Post
    Let the dealership worry about that.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

So do you live by your own rules? If you purposely went one MPH over the speed limit because you felt that it was ok to do (chip) and everyone else is going faster than you (about everyone I have ever known run some sort of motor mod), would YOU go to the closest cop shop and tell them what you did and to take your license (warranty) away?

If you answered yes, sorry, but you’re a dumb ass and would never drive a vehicle, if you answered no, then I prove my point.

I too used the chip at the lowest setting at all times to gain 4+MPG and turned it up no more than 3 or 4 times since I’ve had it because the stock clutch cannot hold the power and would glaze over the clutch and I would have to baby it for weeks after. The first injector blew before I had ever installed the chip.

The largest Dodge dealer in the world, located in Idaho, Dave Smith Motors, will install this chip on a new truck. If they are the ones to install it, they will honor the warranty. When I bought my truck from them in 2005 and another truck from them in 2006, both times they offered the chip add-on at the time of purchase as an upgrade along with bed liners, exhaust, and lift kits. Before I purchased this unit, I called and talked to a service manager to get a recommendation on brand and model and he confirmed that this chip would not cause any motor problems.

Also, I drive it like a baby, between Diesel costs and only being allowed to get tires every 40K miles, I have to conserve. I drive the truck harder when pulling a trailer (colman). I have not broke the tires loose or raced anyone for over a year.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    You are wasting your breath, you have been lumped in with the likes of Robby and that is a stink you will never get off....

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I would be hesitant to mod the engine of a new truck for the simple reason that if there were a way to improve power and mileage WITHOUT ****ING SOMETHING UP the manufacturer probably would have done it themselves.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    The big limiting factor on the diesels nowdays is the emissions. They have to keep it 'leaned' out to meet the stringent emissions standards. But who gives a crap about emissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    I would be hesitant to mod the engine of a new truck for the simple reason that if there were a way to improve power and mileage WITHOUT ****ING SOMETHING UP the manufacturer probably would have done it themselves.

Is that why my truck has a rough idle due to them detuning it to meet gay emissions?
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    You are wasting your breath, you have been lumped in with the likes of Robbie and that is a stink you will never get off....

Easy now...let's not toss names around so carelessly. With all the other diesel owners with tuners on the board I'd rather not be the only scapegoat for JB's ransacking. I have to say that I do agree with him on the diesel rice thing getting a little out of hand. But since I haul feed, a dozen bails of hay, and horse trailers for my mom I must not be lumped in with that crowd.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.