Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Screwed Me!!!

Dodge Screwed Me!!!

Yep... under warranty... but dodge ****ed me royally. This is alot of reading, but check out how they screwed me and spread the news. I have 72,000mi on it and this being the 3rd time an injector has blown (one at 31k and another at 49k mi) I brought it into the dealer for a now expected "regular" injector change. a week later they called and said that the injector had been stuck open and melted the piston and block, spent a piece of the piston out through the turbo and out the exhaust and I would be getting a brand new motor and turbo. So that sounded good, a new motor and all I have to pay for is the motor oil, that was 2 mos ago... After alot of bull****, Chrysler sent there "supertech" out who said it would not be warranted due to having and "aftermarket" fuel filter installed that a Mobile 1 center had installed with my last oil change. After going to the lube place and talking to there filter rep who told me that it is illegal for Dodge to do that, I told Dodge that they couldn’t do that, and they came back with "we just feel the truck has not been maintained" regardless of the fact that I had provided them with every receipt from 2005 on and ALL maintenance had been done by professionals within the recommendations in the manual. A new motor and tranny would cost almost $20,000 installed. Anyways after some blackmailing and tons of research, I found that this is a normal act for Chrysler. I got a hold of the number to the central U.S. customer service manager who I had my boss call as the truck is a company vehicle, and he was told very rudely that they basically do not care about repeat business regardless of the fact that our business has 3 Dodges and buy 1-2 trucks per year. This guy did not give a ****! They would not give us any of there reports, nor give us a real reason why they "felt it had not been maintained" and told us "bring your lawyers" So after a week or so of fighting with anyone we could at Chrysler and trying to get the motor (that was sitting at the dealership) installed, we went to our insurance. We could turn in a claim against Dodge and have them pay for a used motor and they would go after Dodge to get it paid for. So the insurance sent out an adjuster who approved a used motor and turbo, that was 3 weeks ago... The Dealership in Corpus Christi, E.H Green Motors, where the truck is apparently found, ordered, and picked up the WRONG motor. After not touching the truck for a week because apparently they had a sick "tech" they went to stab the tranny, and saw that the splines on the crankshaft were different because in 2005 they used 2 different manual tranny's. It took the dealer another week and a half (so far) to be able to COMMUNICATE to the parts finder what they needed exactly, so we could get the truck running again. Well that’s about where we are at now. No motor still and the truck is 4 hours from College Station and I have not had a ride in 2 mos. They are getting a complete motor and turbo, so really how hard is it to order the right one, drop it in, tighten a couple of bolts and connect a wire harness. Anyways, when the truck is running, it is awesome, but it doesn’t do that for too long, and after this **** from Dodge, I don't even want to be seen in one. Share the news with anyone you can and let me know if you have any input or questions. Thanks--Aaron

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Man, that's super ****ty.

I call shenanigans....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

'Cause if she don't,

find a company that will essentially replace your truck without bickering and grasping at straws for reasons not to, and I'll kiss your ass.

I've heard stories just like this about all of the Big 3 (I bought a Lemon, Hillshire Ford can't fix it, FOMOCO won't fix it), and I think even toyota.

I'm surprised they didnt blame the chip. Seems that would've been my first argument if I were them.

The Magnuson-Mass act or something like that (i think) says they can't just say no to a warranty claim, they have to prove that it actually caused the problem. If you take them to court you may be able to go after them for court costs as well. I may be talking out of my ass here though, and I still can't see why they didnt blame the chip.

Have you contacted cummins?
    Last edited by jerryg79; 07-06-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I have the Godzillia chip and they can't ditect it. Cummins said that I have to go through Dodge.

VW lemon lawed a car for me, but the dealer had my back.

36k limit on the lemon last i checked

EDIT: Went back and reread, you might have a case since the first one went out at only 31K.
    Last edited by DRAGOONRANCH; 07-06-2008 at 11:27 AM.
    'Cause if she don't,

not that I can add anything helpful here, but:

I know of two examples where the manufacture bought back trucks. One of my buddies had a 6.0 (chipped and driven the hell out of) that a **** ton of problems but when the 2nd motor went at 40-50k ford basically gave him all his money back and a good deal on another new ford.

Also my aunt and uncle had the kodiac chevy (5500 or 6500), 4 door, western hauler and everything else you could waste money on to drag a 44 foot 3 horse trailer around the country. They broke down almost every trip and after about 20,000-30,000 mile, chevy basically traded them for a 3500 western hauler dually. Kinda got screwed since they went from a ~$70,000 to a truck worth about~$40,000.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

I am not a dodge tech, but I would guess they can "see" your chip and it very well may be at the bottom of your problems. I would guess that a reflash shows up, the info that a factory scanner can pick up these days is ridiculous. I will have to ask next time I am at South Plains. I am amazed you aren't even a little skeptical of the chip. I 'm sorry, but I don't think you got screwed, you modified a truck from what they warranty, it malfunctioned, they don't cover it.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

I don't know a lot about this diesel bidness, but I'm pretty sure a computer flash shouldn't cause an injector to stick open
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

the CRD's are known for injector problems. IIRC the quadzilla is a pressure box(which is why its selectable on the fly, like a edge EZ, etc). which could lead to the injectors failing prematurely. so yeah, you might have shot yourself in the foot.

the only thing that i know that isnt dectable is the mads smarty, which is its selling point. all boxes are dectectable when they look further. what they mean by 'detectable' are the 'keys' that are erased/changed when you use a programmer, like my bully dog. the computer stores fuel maps and the such and they can tell if you had a pressure/fuel box on the truck or not. the exhaust and bumper covered in soot is pretty evident too.

did they replace all the injectors under warrenty? or jus the one? how long did you drive with a blown injector? how long have you had the box on there? you should have noticed alot more smoke, haze while driving, etc before it got so hot it melted it. which leads me to believe you never had guages installed.

im not saying its your fault, the design has its flaws and are well known(atleast on the gay diesel forums). but there is some fault on your end also.
    Last edited by Eckert; 07-06-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Quick question, was the chip still in it when you took it there?
    'Cause if she don't,

Eric, see Eckert, Tuners change all kinds of stuff about fueling and an injector failed. nuff said.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

I would consider an injector sticking open to be far different from burning a piston due to the injector being open for an increased duration. But like I said, I'm no diesel ricer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    I would consider an injector sticking open to be far different from burning a piston due to the injector being open for an increased duration. But like I said, I'm no diesel ricer
    that comment makes absolutely no sense to me. so i confirm the latter part.

the increased fuel from the blown injector running wild caused the temps to get out of control, thus melting the piston.

you realize that the cummins injectors are 'popped' by fuel pressure? and the newer ones have a common rail that has pressure in the ballpark of 20,000+ PSI. when his quad increased the pressure, more fuel=more powa, he was testing the life of the injectors, which already suck. he admitted that the injector stuck open, it basically got wore out. so i blame the quad. which is probably what Dodge is doing after they went,"this guy is in here for the third time for injectors? he melted the truck? maybe we ought to check further into this before we eat the bill again.... screw this guy, he had a box, sucks for him..."
    Last edited by Eckert; 07-06-2008 at 11:45 PM.