Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mongo (toyota 4runner) + car carhauler

Mongo (toyota 4runner) + car carhauler

87 toyota 4runner SAS'ed with exo cage

- D60 front (87 dodge) with chevy dually hubs, 6.17 gears, lockright locker, 35 spline stock inners, 35 spline Alloy USA outers, Solid drive flanges, Rockcrusher diff cover, High Angle D60 to Toyota pinion flange, all new brakes, seals, bearings, kingpins etc.

- D70 rear (79 ford), 6.17 gears, 35 spline shafts, lockright locker, disc brakes, Rockcrusher diff cover, High Angle D70 to Toyota pinion flange, all new seals

- stock 22re (gotta check the mileage), W56 tranny, dual toy cases, Sky manufacturing skid plate, 2" drivetrain lift, square driveshafts using toyota yokes and u-joints

- crossover steering (all 1.5"x.25" DOM) with 1 ton TREs, hydro assist, kreb's special steering arm, drilled and tapped toy IFS steering box, fluid cooler, extra large aluminum reservior, All Pro pitman arm reamed to fit 1 ton TRE

- front suspension is a mix of toyota and waggy rear springs, Bilstien shocks, ford shock towers, poly bumpstops, shackle type traction bar

- rear suspension are ford 57" springs from a F150 flipped to face backwards, bilstien shocks, slip and twist type traction bar

- Chevy 1 ton MC with front and rear electric linelocks, stainless brake lines

- 39.5x13.5x17 bias ply IROKs on H2 wheels balanced with airsoft BBs

- interior is pretty much stripped, with fully adjustable seats from a Scion sports car, Corbeau 4 point harnesses, CD player, and brand new CB. The frames for the seats are tied into the exo and frame for extra strength. AC still works but could use a recharge

- Wheel base is ~114 inches, track width is a little over 84 inches in the front, narrower in the rear. Very stable and climbs well. Lots of storage.

$8500 with a 18ft car hauler trailer. Partial trades considered for guns. I'm keeping the puma air compressor. The trailer could use some paint and work on the brakes, but it gets the job done

More pics of 4runner - http://tamor.us/members-rigs/Build-up?page=1
    pics of trailer - http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album40

Nice!

you getting out of the game for a while or building something new?

okay, I know I'll get **** for this, so let me explain. I do not have a place to work on this thing near me. I am not ready to buy a house nor do I want to spend the cash on a place to store this thing. I'm finding it harder and harder to get the free time needed to go on trips or work on it. I also have alot of debts left over from school that I would like to pay off.

Quite frankly, I've kinda burned out on building and wheeling, and I find my interests turning to guns more and more. This has not been an easy decision to make, but after several months of mulling it over and comparing my options, I think it might be the right thing to do. I'm keeping my chevy, and if I ever decide I feel like going on a trip, I can always tow someone else and let them destroy thier junk

exiled no more
    i'll trade you a perfectly good Tacoma and all the parts req'd for similar bastardization
    Last edited by rockfrawg; 07-10-2008 at 02:32 PM.

specs on the trailer?

Man, I wish. This thing is sweet and I've got to admit I drool on my keyboard when I see it.

Trade for a nice '98 Corolla? It gets great gas mileage and I'll testify that it will RTI better than any econo car out there.

Just curious...how much for the trailer by itself?
    BDR

Here is the deal on the trailer. I will sell it seperate from the 4runner, but only once the 4runner is gone. My reasoning is that I may need to deliver the 4runner somewhere, plus I may still take the 4runner out for one last trip if it doesn't sell quickly. If I still have the trailer once the 4runner is sold, I'll post it up here and let you guys know

Quote Originally Posted by rockfrawg View Post
    i'll trade you a perfectly good Tacoma and all the parts req'd for similar bastardization
    Sell your junk, buy mine, and be several months of building ahead. Think, you wouldn't have to worry about being done in time for clayton, and think of the kind of tail this thing would pull up there

exiled no more
    My Tacoma has KC lights...i traded a pocket knife to jimmy's uncle for them, that should sweeten the deal some

you know its weird the kind of things people offer up in trade sometimes. I've got a guy in Tennessee doing his damnedest to talk me into trading him for his M715 with rockwells on 44's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0cpZl3vs48 - towards the end of the video

lowballing someone
    that thing looks sick. doo itt
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    that thing looks sick. doo itt
    it would be a 180 degree turn from the 4runner, but I really don't need another project

btw, here are a few more pics for you colman

http://offcamber4wd.org/gallery/main...3645&g2_page=5
    Last edited by CRaSHnBuRN; 07-21-2008 at 08:40 PM.

how's head and foot room. would a 6' 5" guy fit in it?

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    It's on da pane!!! (Big (but not so big anymore) Ed's seal of approval)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.