Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 85 CJ-7 "Murphy's Law"

85 CJ-7 "Murphy's Law"

Decided to change projects and sell the heep. 3750 is what im asking but ill take trades or any offers

No Title

Motor- 282 ci I-6 (258 bored over), Weber Carb, HEI dist,
    Exhaust- Bassani Header (retail $478.99) into a raptor muffler.
    Transmission- T4 4 speed manual with new Clutch (3 months ago)
    Transfer case- Dana 300 with 4:1 terra low gears, Twin sticked
    Rear Axle- AMC 20 w/ 1 piece axles, Detroit Locker, and 3.56 gears
    Front Axle- Dana 30 w/ Lincon Locker, and 3.56 gears w/ brand new warn manual locking Hubs
    Suspension- 2in Suspension lift, leaf springs with front Trailmaster shock (3 months old)
    Steering-Power Steering w/ Custom Poison Spyder Steering Links-Steering links are constructed with 1 1/2" DOM tubing, 1/4" wall thickness, Double sheer welded ($320 + Heim joints 3 months old)
    Brakes- Power Brakes, recently replaced front pads and brake lines
    Tires- Super Swamper TSL Sx 33x15.50R15 (60-75% Thread left) w/ 15x10 black Steel Wheels
    Body Armor- Custom 4 point roll cage with 4 point harness built in. Also has custom built rock guards out of solid 2in steel round stock welded to diamond plate (very functional and durable), custom fuel tank skid plate.

Interior- Two Front seats in new condition, no tears or rips, dash not cracked, floorboard rhino-lined, shifter cover needed, New Oh *$^% bar installed.

Exterior- Front and Rear fenders cut, front bumper ready for winch, front and rear D-rings, have windshield frame needs glass, have lexan window cut out, comes with soft doors, and Brand New Bestop Bikini Top. Spare tire, Maroon, orange and white paint scheme

Electrical & Lighting- Front headlights (w/ Hyperwhite bulbs) work, round red 3 LED tailights , some dash gauges lighting work. 6 working KC lights on Jeep, (2) 6 Round beams up front (one has busted glass, still works), (2) yellow undercarriage, and (2) backup lights.
    Last edited by Reckless; 08-04-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Bump

Rowdy, I just posted it on tx4x4 for ya. I apologize for taking so long, it has been crazy here lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

its ok.

I have a stalled project that I am thinking about getting rid of, it’s a 1974 FJ40 Land Cruiser / 3.8 Buick / TH350 with Downey adapter to top-shift Toyota transfer case / 14B FF rear 4.10 open / Dana 60 kingpin 4.10 open high steer / Metal Tech cage / Impco Propane system

Front links are done but track bar is not. Shock towers are built, uses Fox nitrogen shocks with 14” travel in front. Have some Bilsteins in back, not mounted. Steering has not been started yet – not sure if going hydro or hydro assist. It has a nice Saginaw pump mounted. Cage is not fully welded but main bars are all in place. Haven’t made the driveshafts yet. Has rollers and 36” H1 wheels with Stazworks recentering kits, kits have not been welded. I have signed Minnesota title and hardtop.

Would you be interested in trading? This will end up being an unstoppable rig but I am only able to work on it one weekend out of nine, which would put me about a year past where I would like to be.
    Guy sent this to me as a trade for the jeep off of craigslist. Would it be a decent trade?

The motor sounds gay, but the rest sounds good.

Depending on condition:
    axles are worth: 1200 or so
    body/frame worth: 1000?
    cage: 500
    shocks he listed: ???

sounds like a fair trade especially since you don't have a title. The question would be whether or not you wanted to take over someone else's aborted project.
    Last edited by BMFScout; 08-28-2008 at 08:46 AM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Im wanting a project to work on for the winter. Im going to look at it tommorow hopefully. It may be a piece of ****, or it may be a gold mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    The motor sounds gay, but the rest sounds good.

Depending on condition:
    axles are worth: 1200 or so
    body/frame worth: 1000?
    cage: 500
    shocks he listed: ???

sounds like a fair trade especially since you don't have a title. The question would be whether or not you wanted to take over someone else's aborted project.
    body is worth more than that if its in good condition. does it come with the fox nitro shocks, or just "set up" for them?

Cage is worth more than that if I remember correctly. Depends on which one it is from MetalTech, but they do awesome work.

Again motor brings the suck.

but it is more than a stock toy and already on propane. if it sucks more over time, i do have a 5.7 vortec that can be put in its place. How much torque can a toy t-case handle?

Here is part of the build thread and some pics he sent me.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum_ph...b=5&o=&fpart=1
    Attached Images Attached Images          

do it.

thats the same engine davido's had when he got it. it had a 200r4 or something gay in it.

Do eet! Toy cases aren't especially weak. Bobby Long makes some fixes if you do have problems.

Its got an 85 pickup t-case in it. The guy didnt care about the body of the jeep, he just wants somthing to beat the piss out of. His job changed so he doesnt have the weekends off to work on it.

do it rowdy
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer guy
    Body condition is not an issue at all… I am looking for a finished or near-finished dedicated trail rig… the uglier, the better.
    Looks like a trail rig to me, body damage isn’t a problem – I just want it to start, run, and move.
    As soon as i get some more pics and he likes what he sees, Looks like im going to do it.
    Last edited by Reckless; 08-28-2008 at 08:51 PM.