Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leaky injector

No RTV... I replaced the o-rings and went to start it. It spun maybe 1.5 times and then hydrolocked. I didn't realize this, so I bumped it again but it didn't budge. I took the starter off and the aluminum snout was almost broken off. I had troubles with the starter about a month ago, so I figured, "ah it finally gave up the ghost". I replaced it thinking that the motor was bound up because the starter broke.

So I go to bump it again, same ****. I take out the plugs and the 1st two are filled with gas. I didn't touch the one cylinder's injector. So with the plugs out I turned it over and shot the gas out. I fireball erupted as a plug wire fell over the spark plug hole. Unfortunately the fireball didn't catch the whole car on fire.

So this morning I get up and take the two injectors back out. One of the o-rings had slipped to the wrong spot. I guess I could have caught it on something while putting it in. Anyways, I fix the problem and think my problem is solved. I went to start it and it will turn over, but not ignition. I only had the chance to crank it a couple times before I had to go to work.

Maybe its still to wet inside?

I'm also scared that I bent a rod or something. I'm browsing craigslist this morning for a new car just in case
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
    I'm browsing craigslist this morning for a new car just in case
    I'll believe that when i see it
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Sorry about not answering the phone last night Doug. I was dead to the world crashed out early and noticed the missed calls this morning. That definitely sounds like an odd situation. It sounds like you've got a couple injectors that are just dumping fuel as long as the rail is pressurized. I don't know what the life expectancy is on a cavalier injector, but I know 140k+ is past the life expectancy for the rest of the car. hehe.

Turn the key to the on position and see if the fuel pump primes and check the static pressure on the rail. See if the pressure stays constant or leaks down.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

well I worked on it all afternoon. I must have pulled the spark plugs 10 times. I took the valve cover off just to ease my mind about bent pushrods. Everything looked normal.

After talking to Fred a couple of times, he concluded I need to reset the computer. So I put all the crap back on and it fired up. It runs again, but has a miss. I reset the computer a couple of different times. One time it ran smooth and I drove it around the block but when I pulled back into the driveway it started stumbling again.

I've given up until sunday and went to fill my truck up with gas for our garner trip tomorrow. Its been a crappy day, but white trash never cease to amaze me. After swiping the credit card 3 times, damn pump limited out at $50, I went around to see how much they put in. They had caused quite the comotion while I was there trying to use 2 different debit cards and putting $2 on one.

And here is how much they put it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1988 Blazer...RIP

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Damn doug...that sucks. Did you replace those ****ty plug wires yet?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Damn doug...that sucks. Did you replace those ****ty plug wires yet?
    yeah, replaced the plugs and the wires. It ran smooth for a couple of minutes... Then it started missing and the dash lit up like a christmas tree. I'll have to get a scanner and see what it says.

Oh well, I was just hoping to take it to garner. Would have been $50+ cheaper to take it.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

You can use my scanner.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"