Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: grooving tires

aggielr

grooving tires

WEll since i got the tires for extremely cheap $69/ tire i'm goin to run them,

here are a few of my ideas on grooving them, what do ya'll think

and does anyone have something to do this with? and if so can i borrow it soon?

and these were done in like 5 min, so i didn't take my time

Krawler68
    I can't chop on my work computer... but I say you kill every other little outer lug... then diagonally groove ALL your center lugs... I would recommend you buying one... I'm getting one pretty soon...i don't know anybody who has one around there... unless David may...

aggielr
    i don't really want to buy one right now, i'd rather spend the money to get it goin again, so if i have to wait i will, but if anyone had one, i'd probably get it,

i don't really want to cut whole lugs out either, i'd rather leave the side ones, and just groove the inner long ones

Krawler68
    I think the ONLY way to get them to clean out better will be to pull out some of those side lugs... they're just too close...

As for the groover... Just buy one... I think the AFCO heated knife is only 60 bucks... then you can loan it to others instead of being that stingy bitch who is always borrowing stuff.

aggielr
    i don't think i'm the stingy bitch thats always borrowing stuff, i have most of what i need for now, and $60 is a lot when your only workin 20 hrs/week

Krawler68
    not implying you were, but sometimes you need to buy tools.... especially when nobody else has one for you to borrow... when I get one I'll be charging to loan it out...they aren't common, and they aren't exactly very durable.

I like the way the top right one looks - seems like it would have a lot of tread left and grab well with those cuts - but along the same lines as Doug, have you thought about getting rid of the smallest outer lug, or maybe cutting a line through the big outer lug that protrudes out past the sidewall?

aggielr
    i thought about the outter lugs, just not sure if i want to cut full lugs out yet, hopefully i'll have the jeep ready around christmas, hopefully, but after its first outting, i'll decide after that, but i'm almost certain to cut the center ones some, i kinda liked the same one, but not sure how they'll clean in mud
    Last edited by aggielr; 11-12-2002 at 07:18 PM.

Re: grooving tires

Originally posted by aggielr

and does anyone have something to do this with? and if so can i borrow it soon?
    I think Busa has been talking about getting a groover. Maybe talk to him?

Krawler68
    Here's some that were grooved to hell:

I *think* they're thornbirds, I could just be dumb though...

HAL
    Last edited by Krawler68; 11-13-2002 at 03:52 PM.

Oh, to be back in college. When it took more than hour(s) to earn $60. I wouldn't have been able to even contemplate ordering the shafts I bought yesterday. Man it's nice to be out.

In other news...

No, I don't have one. Don't plan on buying one either. Looks like you'll be going without.

~dso

PS - Doug, keep blowing Hal. Your posts are a lot more useful when you're under the desk instead of at the keyboard.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by davido
    PS - Doug, keep blowing Hal. Your posts are a lot more useful when you're under the desk instead of at the keyboard.
    LMAO
    pad...972

Krawler68
    Hmmm.... Mumbling is all I'm hearing from Doug right now... he'll be back at the keyboard in moments...

-Hal
    Post 986

I bet he's humming the words "the wheels on the bus go round and round..." (Bang Bus style) isn't he.

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Krawler68
    ***... I don't think hal's ever seen that... Must be a trashy CT introduced College Station thing.

DOug
    Post 993