Thread: Free to Good Home, Jake the Dog.

Free to Good Home, Jake the Dog.

Well here he is Jake the Dog:

Now Jake is a great dog that we adopted about 9 months ago to save him from being put down. They found him wandering the streets of Lewisville with no collar, tags, or chip. We found him at the pound the day before he was scheduled to be put down and couldn't let that happen. We decided to adopt him until we found a time to get him into a proper home. We took him home and he was already house trained, and knew sit, stay, and shake. I was pretty impressed to say the least. He was also VERY skinny and not very well nourished. Seemed he had been neglected.

Well 9 months later I have him fattened up on Iams, loving life and just being an all around happy dog. He doesn't chew on shoes or any personal belongings, but focuses all attention on Rope toys and Kongs. We got him fixed and chipped and current on all vaccinations. He also is no longer racist, I have been working that out of him too by being around plenty of nice people from a number of different races.

He is 90 lbs, and all we know is he has Great Pyrenees in him. He is a bit of a herding dog, so he likes to patrol the house to make sure nothing is a miss, and he really likes to lay some place where he can keep an eye on everyone in the family. He is wonderful with Honey (our yellow lab) and if we have to keep him we will, we would just like to find a good home for him. We like being the foster parents.

Please reply in this thread or send me a PM or reply in this thread if you have questions or are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    He also is no longer racist, I have been working that out of him too by being around plenty of nice people from a number of different races.
    Dealbreaker
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

He kinda reminds me of bear, ortiz's old dog.

I just realized that there are only a few folks who have any clue what im talking about, but he was a good one who didn't get a fair deal.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

A guy I work with is interested in the dog. His name is Roger and you can call him at 832-247-8275

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Is that a full grown lab next to him?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

She is full grown, but only 55 lbs. she is a very small Lab.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN View Post
    A guy I work with is interested in the dog. His name is Roger and you can call him at 832-247-8275
    Would you vouch for the guy? Do you think he would be in a good home? Sorry for being inquisitive I just care for the big lug and want to make sure he goes to a good home.

Fred, go pick him up. We need a jogging partner...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    Fred, go pick him up. We need a jogging partner...
    Funny you should mention that. I went running with him a couple of times and I think he must have been somebody's jogging partner before because as soon i started jogging he tucked in to about an inch away from my body and stayed with my stride no matter how fast or slow i went with a slack leash. Never seen a dog do that...

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    Would you vouch for the guy? Do you think he would be in a good home? Sorry for being inquisitive I just care for the big lug and want to make sure he goes to a good home.
    I'm sorry, I forgot about this until the guy came by and asked about the dog again. I only know him through work, but I talked to a few people that know him outside of work, and they said he is a good guy. He apparently has a pretty big yard for the dog as well.

We talked to Roger tonight. Might have to make a roadtrip to Houston to deliver a dog.

good to hear. I found out he's the one who takes care of our shop dog Flex, and for shop dog, he's the fatest, happiest dog I've ever seen