Thread: 2006 Chevy Truck Radio Lights

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar

2006 Chevy Truck Radio Lights

So, I now have the super sweet new truck, you can read about it here:

http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthre...t=10390&page=3

So far the biggest problem I have had with it is the radio button lights. Some of the lights behind the buttons are burned out. Can these be replaced? If so where can I get the light.how do you do it?

If not, there is a guy on ebay who is selling the entire radio for like $250. The truck has the single cd radio, I could get the 6 disc changer radio for like $299. Issue here is you apparently have to take it to GM for them to "program" the radio to the truck computer with either option.

I can not just replace it with a best buy radio because then the steering wheel buttons will not work.

Thoughts on any of the above?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

you can buy an adapter for the steering wheel buttons to work with certian aftermarket radios. I know Alpine accepts the adapter, but not cheap.

Karl there is a guy in texarkana who repairs land rover radios that graduated from A&M and after talking to him i find that he knows more about radio headunit lights than anyone should. Maybe he can help you. http://www.roverville.us/

stock is good, no one wants to steal stock stuff.