Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cordless Drills

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    There are times when a cord is more trouble than it's worth or you are on a jobsite with no power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

ill be your pickup man
    I checked Lowes for the Dewalt. $279 for the 18v XPR. Not that light, but I could deal with it. The Hitachi's were a little cheaper I am going to have to go to Home Depot to check on the Milwaukee.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I won a Makita 18V Li-Ion from a safety meeting a few months ago. Pretty badass little drill, nice and light, charges in 15-20 min. and runs for hours off a charge. I didn't use it much, so I let one of my guys in the field use and he uses the chit out of it building ladders and pier caps. Charges once or twice and day and the rest of the time he's using it.

I was just a HD and they had it on sale here for $189 with some bits.
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...3+90042+500054

19.2V Dewalt, 3 yrs old, run the batteries dead countless times and they always charge right back up. I also have a corded Dewalt that I've had for 7-8 yrs and its stil going strong.

No complaints. I think Rigid makes nice stuff too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams View Post
    19.2V Dewalt, 3 yrs old, run the batteries dead countless times and they always charge right back up.
    I thought that's what your suppose to do. I have to say mine has a fairly flat power curve. You can notice a drop and about three screws/ 15 secs later when drilling it's dead.

ill be your pickup man
    I still have not purchased a drill yet. I looked at the Milwaukee 18v compact drill at HD today.It was $199. Do these compact drills still pack a punch? I like the lightweight and small size for getting into tight spaces, but will it still have the balls to drill repeated holes through say a framerail? The batteries on it were very small and they were not lithium. The Rigid was a little more. Dewalts were around 250-300.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i have THIS DeWalt 6 piece set and got the high torque cordless impact with it as well. It is great, but i wish i had gotten corded tools first. they are extreamly convienient and great for shorter jobs. for something like drilling multiple holes through framerails in one sitting, no cordless battery will last.

there were several times i was using the grinder and drained the battery before the others were finished charging. consequently, i went out and bought a corded grinder. i havent used the others enough to have the same issue, but if i project needing to do something like drilling a bunch of holes through a frame rail, i will go buy the corded version.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

I found a discontinued 18V Dewalt Drill/sawzall kit on sale at Home Depot for 199.99 about 6 months ago and haven't looked back. That stuff is unstoppable. I wouldn't sacrifice size for a good battery and dependability.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03 View Post
    i have THIS DeWalt 6 piece set and got the high torque cordless impact with it as well. It is great, but i wish i had gotten corded tools first. they are extreamly convienient and great for shorter jobs. for something like drilling multiple holes through framerails in one sitting, no cordless battery will last.

there were several times i was using the grinder and drained the battery before the others were finished charging. consequently, i went out and bought a corded grinder. i havent used the others enough to have the same issue, but if i project needing to do something like drilling a bunch of holes through a frame rail, i will go buy the corded version.

Drilled basically (4) 1.5" holes in my frame rail before the Clayton run. A hole saw has to be one of the most taxing things you can do. Dad's got a milawaulkee 18v li-ion drill and it kicked ass. I might have changed out a pack once, but it's very seldom I ever use a corded drill anymore. Cordless grinder?? What are you, halfa fag or somethin'?! Cordless sawzall on the other hand... I agree with you to a point on cordless stuff, but not on drills, unless I'm putting a wire wheel on it and going to town for awhile.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    Drilled basically (4) 1.5" holes in my frame rail before the Clayton run. A hole saw has to be one of the most taxing things you can do. Dad's got a milawaulkee 18v li-ion drill and it kicked ass. I might have changed out a pack once, but it's very seldom I ever use a corded drill anymore. Cordless grinder?? What are you, halfa fag or somethin'?! Cordless sawzall on the other hand... I agree with you to a point on cordless stuff, but not on drills, unless I'm putting a wire wheel on it and going to town for awhile.
    i love my cordless stuff, just wish i had the matching corded stuff...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Black & Decker FireStorm 24 Volt Hammer Drill

i think its bad ass

i have the matching 24v sawsall

i would still rather use a corded drill unless im somewhere where there is no power