Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Taco

Ya Chris just because it's your truck doesn't mean you can start asking whatever you want for it

I bet some Toyota yuppie will give 7-10 k, but I still think you should sell it to Sam for 6.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    This is a pretty cool rig, but $11K is way over priced. I know you have a lot of cool guy parts on it, but that doesnt mean ****, most buyers in the market of buying a dedicated trail rig would want something more in the tube buggy class for that kind of cheddar. Forget what you spent on parts, they lost their value as soon as you opened the box. If you cut your asking price in half you might be a little closer to the ballpark if you are really wanting to sell this rig.
    That's the beauty of it, I don't have to sell it. I haven't posted it anywhere, I don't have to sell it to buy a buggy. I would rather sit on it and let it collect dust in the barn then sell for $5500. I was just throwing it out there at the formula that I found on Pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    with that kind of math I could have gotten 30K for my bronco
    So you had $50,000 in parts in your bronco? Is that what you are telling me? $50,000 DOLLARS? That's my math, 60% of parts prices. 60%.

and I know I would be lucky to sell my jeep for bluebook
    I am not asking Blue Book, I am asking $500 below the lowest Blue book price. $3,000 for the Tacoma alone.

Again I don't have any problem with not selling it. I just am throwing it out there, I have no need to sell it, just bored and ready to move on.

ill be your pickup man
    I think the price is reasonable if not for the ****ed up cab. If it was still driving down the road with doors/windshield etc, 11k doesn't seem that absurd. $500 for a new cab and your good to go? Yeah, just bolt it on one lazy afternoon. That is alot of work.

That said, I thknk it would sell pretty quick for 7-8k on Pirate.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    with that kind of math I could have gotten 30K for my bronco
    Your math on pricing parts is just as ****ed up as his.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Where did you come up with 500 dollars for a whole new cab? the windshield alone will be over 100 dollars. I am thinking it will be a hell of a lot closer to 2 grand to make it attractive enough to be a DD (this is including paint). I have switched a cab before, it is not fun at all.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Where did you come up with 500 dollars for a whole new cab? the windshield alone will be over 100 dollars. I am thinking it will be a hell of a lot closer to 2 grand to make it attractive enough to be a DD (this is including paint). I have switched a cab before, it is not fun at all.
    I just had a cab with doors and windshield offered to me for $500 after the roll. That is where I got that. Taking into account wrecked vehicle and salvage prices have gone up in the last two years, you are probably right. I will have to do some more digging. Again, this is in my build thread where I want discussion, this isn't a for sale thread where I have deemed my asking price.

I am going to go price some cabs, hell maybe it would be worthwhile to me to go out and buy a wrecked Taco, part it out and replace the Cab and fenders. See if it makes me love the thing again...

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Your math on pricing parts is just as ****ed up as his.
    Hey hey hey. My pricing came direct from the web. You can follow every single link that I have there , there is a rhyme AND a reason for my starting asking price. It is also the reason WHY I am not posting a for sale ad yet, because I saw that number and went, DAMN that is a bit high, but there is no arguing with the parts value itself and what I have in it, I am just not expecting to get any where near that out of it.

Thanks for the criticism so far, I am going to see what I can come up with to make this value a little more reasonable, and if it is what I am willing to part with it for.
    Last edited by FJAggie07; 08-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.

If you are going to re-cab and paint it I think you should consider putting a real bed back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    If you are going to re-cab and paint it I think you should consider putting a real bed back on it.
    I disagree completely
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Ive got an idea... Im just putting this out there, if you like it take it, if you dont, throw it right back...

You could just go ahead and let me wheel it for the remaining 2 years that i am in college, that way it would not just be sitting. then I could pay you for it when I graduate

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    You know, I have given this a lot of thought also. For my wheeling style the Tube bed works great, being a trailer queen it works even better. But if I take it back to Street Legal, good looking cab, I would consider putting a bed back on it. Make it my "Expedition" Rig, or whatever the bull**** pretty rigs are called.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Ive got an idea... Im just putting this out there, if you like it take it, if you dont, throw it right back...

You could just go ahead and let me wheel it for the remaining 2 years that i am in college, that way it would not just be sitting. then I could pay you for it when I graduate
    How bout this, when I come out wheeling to a TAMOR event, I will bring it along with my buggy and you can drive it all you want.

...As long as I still have it.

That works.

Taco that will likely sell for about 4k.
    http://www.texas4x4.org/showthread.php?t=39482

It's definitely not apples to apples but I would image someone interested in yours would be interested in this one.

Just for perspective.

Registered
    Not a taco. Different animal all together.

Faggies price isn't far off. Yall are just a bunch of broke ass Jews wanting to knock his ****.