Thread: Diff or T-case? Need help

Threaded View

ill be your pickup man

Diff or T-case? Need help

I got the new bearings/balljoints etc. all put back on Bronco, both sides. Now when I get in it, it runs fine in 2wd, but when I shift to 4HI, and try and pull forward or back up, it will move a couple inches and then bind up and stop. I can give it gas and it does not want to go anywhere. I could make it move, but fear breaking something. I had neighbor get in and I watched the front shaft. WHen it was moving forward or reverse, the shaft stopped spinning a couple times, then started spinning again.

When I pulled the diff cover, there was no metal or anything in the mix and everythign looked fine. I am thinking t-case. I have NEVER after 10 years of wheeling this ****box ever touched it. I might have changed the fluid once. Its a BW1356.

I was towed back to camp at Shiloh when the starter failed and had the trans in neutral, but probably still had the t-case in 4lo. Could that done something.

My day has been ****ty. I got and installed 2 new bad upper balljoints from Advance. You have you remove the lower to remove and install the upper. If I never have to do balljoints in a 60 again it will be too soon. I also broke the nipple off of the inner locknut and the heater core decided that now would be a great time to start leaking.

Greg picks it up Tuesday to build the bumpers, so I won't get it back till right before Clayton.
    Last edited by JB; 11-09-2008 at 07:27 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4