Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Electric Fuel Pump, Is a relay needed?

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Crouch fuel injection does not use a computer to control fuel injection.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Karl, you should have a relay. I run these relays for everything. GM used them on EVERYTHING in the late 80's-early 90's. They are weatherpack terminal relays and 99% of them have a bracket with two bolt holes to mount. I've got one that controls my fans, one for my fuel pump, and one for my on-board air all on the firewall next to each other. The only relay I have that isn't one is the relay for my hellas because I used the relay that came with them.
    Can I just snag one from Ho'reilly's. I don't really want to swing by the junk yard?
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

-Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Yeah, you can snag the relay from the parts store, but the connector will need to come from the boneyard, but I guess you can just use spade terminals. I'll give you a connector next time I see ya if you remind me.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

-Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Yeah, that's the relay. You still need the weatherpack connector for it. But like I said, you can just use spade terminals to get it going.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

Karl I have a bagful of those relays and pigtails cause I snag every one I see whenever I hit up the yards. Next time you're in town give me a shout.

Fred do you just have a single 30 amp relay for your fan? I tried that with my windstar fans on my suburban and would burn up relays every month or so. I now have two relays per fan in parallel and, while ghetto, it has worked great so far.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    Karl I have a bagful of those relays and pigtails cause I snag every one I see whenever I hit up the yards. Next time you're in town give me a shout.

Fred do you just have a single 30 amp relay for your fan? I tried that with my windstar fans on my suburban and would burn up relays every month or so. I now have two relays per fan in parallel and, while ghetto, it has worked great so far.
    Can I get two? I need to wire up some lights.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post

Yeah, I should really have two, but one has seemed to work out pretty well. The only time I've had a fan relay let go is when I burned up one of the fan motors. But, now that I've discussed it, it will probably become a problem.

I can deliver a relay to Karl on friday.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Pretty sure I have several relays new in box from jegs from our electrical order's. I can check when I get home tomorrow and give you a call if you need one.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.