Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Black Keystone Build

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
    You've fallen off the face of the earth!
    fixed it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Started screwing around with the serpentine accessories tonight. Figured out I need a reverse rotation water pump and that the pulley's accidentally got recycled at my friends shop. If anyone has the water pump and harmonic balancer pulley for a serpentine setup let me know.

I'll start working on a bracket similar to this soon for the york. I can't believe they charge $160 for that...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Picked up the scout frame last night. In really good shape, just a little surface rust. It's going to take alot of cutoff wheels to cut off all the factory brackets.

I need to decide on a frame width. Maybe I'll chop the body first, and see where the mounts are at. Definately want to have a flat belly, so it at least needs to be as wide as a transfer case clocked up.

Deep thoughts, by Doug Krebs
    1988 Blazer...RIP

sweet blog. Don't you still have a torch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

you don't have a plasma at work? I'd tell them they should get one. I guess you won't be using much on it, but the rear crossmember is junk as you can see. Other than that I think it's a great frame and probably why the scout weighs as much as it does. The original drivetrain is all above the frame, so it shouldn't be hard to do on this project.
    Last edited by BMFScout; 03-26-2009 at 10:18 AM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

what t/case?

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    what t/case?
    For the moment it will be a 208. Possibly in the future it could be a 241 205 doubler. Either way it will be clocked flat.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I found that a sawzall works faster and better than the cutoff wheels, but a torch is the fastest just be careful not to blow any extra holes in the frame
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    For the moment it will be a 208. Possibly in the future it could be a 241 205 doubler. Either way it will be clocked flat.

is that going to be behind the multiple sm465 tranny setup?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    is that going to be behind the multiple sm465 tranny setup?
    exactly...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

If you dont have a 241 already I have (IIRC) 2 np242's and one np218. They are out of military hummers and the front half is more or less identical to a 241 and 208, respectively. The only major difference that I can see from the outside is the hummre cases have cooler hose barbs and from what I've read online, they are fulltime 4wd. If you are interested in trying to use them, I will give you one of the 242's if you help me make a version of the doubler. Since The 'Corn will never actually exist we can test out whatever you come up with in Pigpen. If it will hold up behind the 8.1, it'll hold up behind whatever turd of a motor you decide to use.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"