Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Project nastypile

True Hollywood Stry

Project nastypile

Alright I have been destroying/building my 76 wagoneer for the past month or so.

Plan make a klogger esk rig that will be built cheap with cheap parts or parts from big nasty.

1976 grand wagoneer stock came with 360/400/quadratrac with front and rear dana 44's

Plans:
    front- dodge dana 44 front-4.56's welded, with crossover steering and be setup for assist
    rear- ford 8.8 4.56's welded
    front suspension will be a ford radius arm setup with big nasty's superflex coils, and extended heimed arms.
    rear stock ford 56" leaves that have a 7 in. offset that will be used to gain wheelbase while keeping the overall frame fairly short. I plan on moving them under the frame to make them flex better. Will have big nasty's anit-wrap bar

I am gonna narrow the front about 10 in. then tubing will be added for strength. I am gonna boatside it and bring the rockers up about 6 inches
    tires most likely gonna be h-1 hummer tires cause they are cheap
    seats are out of a 2004 dodge neon
    I already fixed the busted timing chain cover (thanks to fred a couple years ago for helping me source this). I can promise you all if I even encounter a bad cover on one of these motors i will swap the motor instead of fixing the confounded cover.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    motor
    http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCN3091.jpg

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCN3093.jpg

Passenger side roof damage/repair- The roof was completey rusted out, and the structural part of the roof between the a and b pillar was so rusty i removed it with my hand, so i rebuilt it with old sections of roof and a piece of angle.

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCN3127.jpg

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCN3128.jpg

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCN3133.jpg

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCN3129.jpg

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCN3129.jpg
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    alright some questions for you all

1. How far can i move the front axle forward when i convert it to coils without moving the stock( inboard of the frame )steering box if i use crossover steering? How far forward if i go full Hytsteer?

2. I know that it is gonna be a little stiff out back because of the 3in wide fullsize springs and a light rear end. Can i run water in the tires to make it flex a little better? If so how much water is to much from what you all have read? I have done no research on this but me and karl have discussed it over some beers. I guess if this doesnt work i guess i can move the spare tire out to the bumper to put some more weight out back.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 01-11-2009 at 02:42 AM.

give me $50 and i'll borrow karl's trailer and haul all that junk out of your barn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    seriously? you totally fail at inserting photos.
    Last edited by Fredo; 01-11-2009 at 04:09 AM. Reason: semantics
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

rust 1, nastypile 0

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Frick has left out some pictures of when this truck first arrived, so I figured I would pick up where he left off. Here is the first time I saw the vehicle and the proud owner.

A little back ground, apparently this was a "beach buggie" for some years, so you know it has very little rust..... Then some time later Frick's Uncle gave some guy a hand job for it. At that time it did not run. Frick's Uncle had a retarded monkey fish squirrel work on it and get it running.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

We needed to get it off the trailer, mainly because I owned the trailer and did not want a permanent hood ornament on it.....

So the starting process began, Frick handed me a coke bottle filled with gas and told me to dump it down the throat of the carb while he cranked it. Nothing happened, except both Frick and I know smelled like the official cologne of TAMOR (gas).

We found the 2 wires from the distributor to the ICM were loose. I am kind of stumped on this cause someone had spliced these 2 wires 4 times, twisted them together and not put electrical tape on them. Somehow they came loose, I think Bigfoot must have undone them, cause it is a mystery to me.

So then with the Maltoff ****tail in my hand I began dumping gas while fricked turned it over. It ran a bit and then we discovered the fuel pump was not working. We grabbed the fuel pump from big nasty, a few feet of hose and gas can. We made a "temporary" gas tank/pump system. With that it fired right on up. We drove it around the pasture.

Somehow during all of this I don't think I consumed any beer.
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

The vehicle has a number of "kustom" features. The dash is symmetrically laid out with about 5 aftermarket switches and a momentary switch. I know one does the ignition, the other the starter, past that I think the others turn on the heated seats or maybe the navigation system.

Apparently sometime in this jeeps "life" the front rotor exploded. Frick decided to tee the front brake line to the rear. This makes this jeep only stop on the back axle. This of course is a feature for if you are doing a lot of uphill racing where the weight is all on your back axle, or it is a desirable feature if you do not value your own life or any lives of the passengers.

My personal favorite is custom diff guard. A piece of angle welded to the frame. Good news for you guys is I don't think Frick is planning on using it, so it probably is for sale. Speak up quick, this is a fast moving item.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

All that being said, the front axle swap should clear up the brakes, Frick plans and has started gutting the wiring. He also removing all other not needed things.

The 360 runs good, and did not seem to be smoking or leaking too bad. The timing was set by the best engine tuner in Crosby....

Should be a fun rig for under a grand, hell it might even be for under $500.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    those rims are way more than worth the price that was paid to said retarded monkey fish squirrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

True Hollywood Stry
    also look at the awesome lift shackles a combo of stock wagoneer shackles and some other shackles that were laying around, these will also be hot ticket for sale items.

as of right now i have 500 bucks in it but a hundred or more is tied up in some axle shafts that i bought that were a half an into shorter than what i needed. I also have a complete set of shafts for both axles, so bring on the skinny pedal.

Big nasty 2 barrel motorcraft will be mounted atop this beast.

original purchase price was FREE.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 01-11-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Looks like Kevin has owned it since it was brand new.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

No matter how free it is, sometimes it may be better for a vehicle to just go straight to a scrapyard.