Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Project nastypile

True Hollywood Stry
    Alright this thing plain ass sucks

Things I got done this weekend.
    Replaced motor mounts, both mounts were completely seperated from the metal plate and looked like they had been like that for a while.
    Replaced the worn out rag joint with a metal u-joint

Re rtv'd the valve cover for the second time
    Re rtv'd the trans adapter to t-case to stop a leak
    fixed a small brake fluid leak

Now for the problems. Alright it steers great to the right and only steers about 75% of it's radius to the left when on the ground. When I Jack up the front end it steers almost perfect left to right and doesn't seem to be binding??? I still haven't re done the draglink but that should not be the reason for this problem.

Next, it randomly decides to puke and leak ATF from somewhere up by the motor. It will slowly leak from somewhere then you park it when you leave there is a big puddle. I've tried getting under there to look but when I do it mysteriously seems to not be leaking. It is also not a fluid issue because it was actually way low when I checked it.

Oh yeah and now the oil pan is leaking like crazy because it didn't the motor mount swap.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 11-22-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

The motor mounts are weak. I came up with a fool proof way to keep them from separating. Drill a 1/2" hole through the mount, insert proper length 1/2" bolt. Tighten a nut on the bolt until it just touches the mount, do not tighten the **** out of it. This way, the mounts still do dampen vibration, but can't back out. You will either need to use a lock nut, or double-nut it to keep the nut from backing off. It you tighten it too much, you get lots of vibration.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Tech question: How can I remove the yokes off of a quadratrac transfer case when the impact wrench won't do it?

Answer: Plave case on ground, drive over it with Klogger. This secures it. Apply pipe wrench to hold yoke, then insert 1/2" ratchet and use driveshaft tube cheater pipe to remove.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    You have that pipe wench upside down...
    wench this :blackflipoff2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.