Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Project nastypile

lowballing someone
    since you are swapping axles i may be interested in the front one that is in there right now. how much ya want for it?
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

500 bucks
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

seriously, that's the turd i've been hearing about since you were a freshman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

lowballing someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    500 bucks
    sold ....... if i were a schmuck.......well i may be one anyway but not for 500
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

True Hollywood Stry
    scored some 35x15x15 boggers today on 15x8 aluminium wheels with 40-50% tread. They are a little on the dry side, have some outer lug chunking, and a sidewall gash but they were cheap, have like 3 or 3.5 backspacing, now i no longer will need to make klogger esk wheels even though they are all the rage these days.

I dunno on the axle colman i will be selling it, but not sure for how much, i kinda would like to keep the drive slugs and yoke if they will work on my dodge 44, so i may part it out or sell it whole. Either way it wont be 500 bucks.

Are all 44 yokes the same? Cause if so i can just rob the back one.

Also any opinions on the 2 questions from the first page about running water in the tires or axle movement?
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 01-13-2009 at 12:39 AM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    Are all 44 yokes the same? Cause if so i can just rob the back one.
    Pretty sure those will be the same, you should be able to rob the rear yoke.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Word has it to fill the tires to the top of the rim. I would recommend a mix of antifreeze with it to help keep the rust down if using steel rims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Did the d44 have a yoke on it when you picked it up from me? Could've sworn it did and I gave you the spare I had. The pinion splines might vary between the waggy and dodge, not sure.

Were you able to get the inner and outer shafts? I had a hard time finding a set since the dodge 44 is more rare, ended up getting them through Houston Drivetrain Service over on 610 east past 59.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

lowballing someone
    i have 4 or 5 more yokes so i won't need it, or i could give you one of mine. you can have the slugs or again i have 2 sets and could give you one of those. i'm kinda low on funds right now but just shoot me a price when you get to making a decision.

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep View Post
    Did the d44 have a yoke on it when you picked it up from me? Could've sworn it did and I gave you the spare I had. The pinion splines might vary between the waggy and dodge, not sure.

Were you able to get the inner and outer shafts? I had a hard time finding a set since the dodge 44 is more rare, ended up getting them through Houston Drivetrain Service over on 610 east past 59.
    robbie the axle had a yoke on it, but i was gonna swap yokes from axle to axle if the u-joint on the one you gave me was different than the waggie driveshafts.

i bought a set of supposed dodge ramcharger shafts both stubs/inner and the inners were a 1/2 inch off on both sides.

then i bought another fullset of ebay for cheap and i now have like 5 or six stubs, a good spare inner short side inner and maybe use the set that is off by 1/2 for spares in a pinch.

alright colman ill shoot you a price when i get to that point.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 01-13-2009 at 10:01 PM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Don't be giving away my slugs.

lowballing someone
    that doesn't include your set.

True Hollywood Stry
    patched the driverside roof, removed the coffin shaped gas tank, removed the rear axle and springs with some help from karl. Now its time to do some frame patching before any further work is done. The 8.8 is 7 inches wider wms to wms than the rear 44 fyi.

True Hollywood Stry
    alright T- 18 days and counting. I "mounted" big nasty's old tank to the bed with some ratchet straps and some half inch rubber mat between the tank and the bed give it some give. I mounted,plumbed, and wired the electric fuel pump. Fixed the super rusty frame with 3x3x3/8. I also changed the oil, and installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge( yet it isnt getting any oil in the line or showing any pressure- might have to look at this again). I also cleaned up the brakes on the 8.8 and welded up some grinder marks from spring perch removal. No pics at this point.

You have to prime the oil gage. Remove the hose from the fitting. Point it at your face, or the face of a nearby colleague. Start the engine. When the oil squirts out it's primed.
    BDR