Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Project nastypile

True Hollywood Stry
    cool thanks bdr, karl wanna come help?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    ...build one that had two slips
    ooh...this would be my suggestion! You could get the "club innovator" award as well as the "creative trail fix" award!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    nah that was a brain fart that is why i deleted it. im just gonna make one from pipe.

but why wouldnt two slips on one each end work?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Guess it could work if you had a limiter on each one to keep it from slipping out
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    alright no pics cause this is being built to fast. over the last couple days i got the oil pressure gauge working(old line was klogged up), installed water temp gauge. Karl has removed a ton of vacuum lines and swapped out the crappy stock jeep carb for big nasty's 2 barrel motorcraft. I figured out how long my wheelbase is and have started to make and tack on the rear spring hangers. I've got all the parts ready to rebuild the front axle, and the rear is close to being put together. If anyone in h-town is bored this weekend come on over and help, there will be beer involved.

big thanks to karl for doing the carb, it runs like a champ now.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Carb...offroad....bleh.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes for an engine fire to occur?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Carb...offroad....bleh.
    yeah, who tried to wheel moab w/ one?

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    In defense of the carb, it is a 2 barrel on a 360, it has zero hesitation. It is fed by an electric fuel pump. I have the accelerator pump putting the most it can to it. The acc. pump seems like a small feet, but I the linkage was boofed from a big nasty install.... I have reduced the engine from like 15 vacuum lines to 4 (brakes, choke pull off, reservoir, and tranny modulator). I made the choke actually work, something most of the rigs on TAMOR do not have working right.

To start when cold all you have to do is slowly depress the pedal and crank. When hot it cranks right up. Should be ok for decent angles....

Side note, this heep is equipped with Quadracrap... It has 2 vacuum lines going to the t-case. Apparently this t-case has a carrier to separate the front axle from the back. Then with a flick of a switch it locks the carrier???

My question is for a straight off road rig, what is wrong with me hooking the locking vacuum line to the engine full time. This way it is always in 4WD.

Thoughts?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    yeah, who tried to wheel moab w/ one?
    Who ran lower proving grounds that year?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    In defense of the carb, it is a 2 barrel on a 360, it has zero hesitation. It is fed by an electric fuel pump. I have the accelerator pump putting the most it can to it. The acc. pump seems like a small feet, but I the linkage was boofed from a big nasty install.... I have reduced the engine from like 15 vacuum lines to 4 (brakes, choke pull off, reservoir, and tranny modulator). I made the choke actually work, something most of the rigs on TAMOR do not have working right.

To start when cold all you have to do is slowly depress the pedal and crank. When hot it cranks right up. Should be ok for decent angles....

Side note, this heep is equipped with Quadracrap... It has 2 vacuum lines going to the t-case. Apparently this t-case has a carrier to separate the front axle from the back. Then with a flick of a switch it locks the carrier???

My question is for a straight off road rig, what is wrong with me hooking the locking vacuum line to the engine full time. This way it is always in 4WD.

Thoughts?

Its a Quadratrac. It IS always in 4wd.

As long as its only driven offroad, I don't think locking it in emergency drive permanently will hurt it. Personally, I'd leave it with the factory setup using the in-glovebox switch, as the q-trac's diff is a picky mofo. Plus new parts for them don't exist.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Who ran lower proving grounds that year?
    who had their hood up half the trip? good thing the battery was charged
    cracks me up. first you knock the carb and then it was awesome.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Yeah, sometime in this jeeps life that e-switch was removed???? It's really a miracle it ran, I mean there were loose vacuum lines everywhere....

If it has some gay carrier in the t-case it is not always in real 4WD. Like you said, leave it in e-mode and call it good. Axles will be an 8.8 and 44 w/ 4.56's so there will be less stress on the t-case (in theory)....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Yep, more or less.

Regular Mode: Part Time 4wd, functions a bit like a limited slip
    E-Drive: 4WD High
    E-Drive + Low Range Lever (if you have one): 4WD Low

Make sure y'all check the chain tension and make sure its using real q-trac fluid, you CANNOT use any old oil in a quadratrac. These two things are the reason its gotten such a bad rap over the years..
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    who had their hood up half the trip? good thing the battery was charged
    cracks me up. first you knock the carb and then it was awesome.

You had your hood up first! Where was that, Sweetwater?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.