Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Project nastypile

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    who had their hood up half the trip? good thing the battery was charged
    cracks me up. first you knock the carb and then it was awesome.
    Trust me, I'm not defending carburetors....I'm just taking a shot at the mighty factory fuel injected rover you brought to Moab that year. I thought that's what we were doing here....busting each other's balls. Didn't you get laid last night Grayson, or did you find out that you don't actually "still got it?"
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I like beer, vodka mixes good with sprite or lemonade, does grayson still have "it"?

snake on.....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    You had your hood up first! Where was that, Sweetwater?
    who drove there! and who didn't even wheel the first day b/c their **** was didn't work.

one last one. who couldn't even make it up lions back...i mean come on. that was pathetic.

I remember the home video curt took and he was paning the scene and all the trucks on one of the trails (golden spike or hell's revenge.. dunno) and he panned to yours and there was the hood up and to brunes standing on each front tire. w/ the way the hood opens all you see is legs and half a torso.

Anyways, the commentary went sarcastically like this" now there's an unusual sight, the hood up on the scout, we hadn't see that at all this week" ha ha

**** yeah I still got it.

you can be a real asshole sometimes. that was the shakedown run for my truck after the soa, in rerospect we should have taken it on. a few runs before we left but whatever, young and stupid. yes we had problems the whole trip, but we got it going and ran a trail the last day your truck wouldn't have even thought about running.
    Last edited by BMFScout; 02-07-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    you can be a real asshole sometimes. that was the shakedown run for my truck after the soa, in rerospect we should have taken it on. a few runs before we left but whatever, young and stupid. yes we had problems the whole trip, but we got it going and ran a trail the last day your truck wouldn't have even thought about running.
    thanks, i try. i guess I forgot the yes, the brune's rule. scouts rule, the 345 is the greatest engine ever known to man and if you don't agree fred will want to fight. is that asshole enough?

i think it's funny how i just made a comment on supposedly "how terrible the carb was." for frick's budget and expectation it will be fine. that comment turned into a brune "oh yeah my uncle can kick your uncle's ass" type deal. geez chill the **** out. yes, i'm sure your scout will go more places. and yes, fred's highly modified out of the ordinary sprung under scout is the best. do i care? no, wasn't the point. i just thought it was a case of hello kettle, my name is pot. i guess people in wylie "don't have it" and aren't getting laid enough.
    Last edited by Graystroke; 02-07-2009 at 04:46 PM.

I'm just saying you make it hard to be friends sometimes. I pinch you on the ass and you smack me across the face with a 2x4, you're not being funny your being hateful there is a difference and you usually miss that.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

yeah, who tried to wheel moab w/ one?
    this is being hateful? whatever dude.

center diff lock, its really not that exotic. Even junky big 3 trucks used them in np203s

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Man, sorry about your thread frick. This has just become retarded.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

this is some good intertainment, I think yall should kiss and makeup

Scouts rule, jeeps are even better though
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    this is being hateful? whatever dude.
    I hate everyone who likes rice crispies, f all of those a**holes....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

True Hollywood Stry
    Kasey thanks for the info on the case. Can i get the mystery q-trac fluid from any local parts store? Also is there an easy way to tighen the chain if it is loose?

on the carb note, it was a pretty good setup in big nasty. There were only in a handfull of times that it stalled out, and karl has done a great job getting it tuned up. Coop is also running the same carb i think.

Progress from the weekend-
    I did some more frame bracing on the passengerside framerail so that i knew i had a solid place to mount the front spring hangers. Both front and rear spring hangers are welded on, but will be getting a crossbrace so they dont further boof the crappy jeep frame. I also cleaned up the 8.8 further removing all spring perches. Things i learned while doing this the axle is bent pretty bad, the tubes on both sides are bent upwards but everything spins freely so im hoping i can do some type of straightening then weld in a truss of sorts. Also the way the the drop in locker has been welded completely together when a spring or pin broke you can no longer remove the axle shafts since it is a c-clip axle, nor can you easily get the center section out, AWESOME i guess i can throw away the spare shafts for it.

Also for the sake of time i measured the spring center on the jeep axle and the dodge axle and they are exactly the same. So for karl party weekend i will leave the front leaf sprung but sprung over which the dodge axle already is.

Tonight i hope to finish the spring pads and get the rear mounted up.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 02-09-2009 at 02:18 PM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

There is no way to tighten the chain unfortunately. BJ's has new non-Chinese ones, and the fluid for that matter.

To check the tension of the chain, insert a screwdriver in the chain-inspection hole at the bottom of the case after the fluid is drained. Push up on the bottom of the chain to see how loose it is; if there's more than a half inch of slop, the chain should be replaced.
    A Jeep dealer can also get the fluid, but its expensive($18/qt).

You can also make your own:
    3 Quarts Non-Detergent 30wt Oil
    1 8oz bottle of Limited Slip Additive
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

True Hollywood Stry
    thanks, i guess ill be making some fluid if mine is low.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!