Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Project nastypile

True Hollywood Stry
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Chief
    Wow, and I thought Pigpen was ugly!

looks good frick

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    That rear panel looks pretty cool w/ the lights in it like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

The tail lights look prety cool, you gonna paint it? I assume you're going to build a plain, low profile, flatbed?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    There is some tubing paint and more body mods coming down the pipeline but for now I must go remove the old t-case and adapter. New to me adapter should be here Thursday. Whoop hopefully I can get it done for the creek.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Mount that tire flat on the bed. That way you'll be able to see behind you. I like the new look.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I dig it...
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

True Hollywood Stry
    I think I am eventually going to angle/tilt the tire towards the cab/ bed more and move it a little more into the bed 1 to see a little easier, and 2 because it sticks out really far.

T-case and broke ass adapter have been removed. I also soaked the trans bolts and bushings with pb blaster so I can replace all the bushings. The new adapter should be here Thursday at the latest.

True Hollywood Stry
    Alright the e-fan and voltmeter are hooked up, and Ii replaced the cheap plastic oil pressure line with a copper one after melting 3 of them. I also got the new tcase to trans adapter installed, along with all new tranny mounts. Tomorrow I need to make magic quadratrac fluid, swap out a busted t-case yoke, and then stab the t-case and we should be ready to rock.

True Hollywood Stry
    New clayton short list of have to fix
    Motor mounts
    Find out if it is body flex, drivetrain flex or bad linkages that are making it mysteriously change gears in low. Hopefully the above fixes the problem.
    New valve cover gasket on the driverside
    Shocks and mounts

Like to get done
    tube work
    narrow front
    get and install full hi-steer
    figure out why it turns more right than left
    install hydro assist
    make new toolbox
    Make it through a whole wheeling trip(most likely not happening for a few more runs)

You have a 60 in the front? The turning problem is 90% likely a draglink length issue.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    You have a 60 in the front? The turning problem is 90% likely a draglink length issue.
    It is Robbie's old 44
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

True Hollywood Stry
    The draglink and tie rod are from big nasty I need to align it and then go from there. I cut the drag link down som already but left it a little long because of a problem with the shipping of my inserts.

Today I fixed the leaky valve cover but now the workings of the internal combustion engine are giving me problems. I started it and it ran like normal but just wouldn't get warm enough to idle. The motor kept dying. Now I can barely get the motor to start and it will only run for about 20-30seconds before it dies even with my foot in the gas. I'm thinking I have a bent pushrod from the brake booster hitting the valve cover or the choke is stuck.

Thoughts?

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I am guessing the choke is stuck. It has a completely mechanical choke, which I like, but need tuning.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

It has 8 cylinders. One bent pushrod would hardly be noticeable. Back in the day, my pushrods would fall out from under the rockers, never gave any trouble.