Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: June 4-7 Colorado Trip And Bachelor Party

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    Your thoughts on this eric.
    I think you guys are retarded for wanting to drive to the mountains and camp in town, but you'll get there first so let me know where you end up parking yo sh1t and I'll be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    I think you guys are retarded for wanting to drive to the mountains and camp in town, but you'll get there first so let me know where you end up parking yo sh1t and I'll be there.
    I've never been to colorado and don't know **** about it. Where is this camping site? Is it ok to leave tow rigs there for hours unattended? Is there really a creek I can wash my ass in? Help us out here a little.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

its 4-1/2 miles out of town. If we were going backpacking it'd be one thing. But im guessing after a day of wheeling we'll all be wanting a shower. Additionally, its kind of hard to drop the soap in a creek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Nobody will mess with a bunch of redneck trucks and trailers parked up in the mountains. Would you wander into a camp and start messing with stuff, not knowing if someone might be taking a nap in one of the tents? There are creeks everywhere. The Arkansas river (along which I am guessing these campgrounds are located) will probably be blowing up with flyfishermen when we are there, and they are likely to care about late-night partying and shenanigans. Also a more likely place to get the cops called on us. We will OWN turtle rock or one of the other campsites for the weekend if we claim it Wednesday, meaning we can make big fires, play music, shoot stuff and drink late into the night and nobody will care.
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

your box is full.

some other concerns i have. What do we do if when we get there the campsite is taken? Its kind of hard to find a place that 15-17 people can camp.

Do we know that a 40' trailer can make it to these sites?

I can see this being fun if there were 4 of us, but with the amount of people and trailers we have, i see having reservations at a place we know about being alot better.

The places with the group camping have the large areas set aside from everything else cause they know you'll be loud. We've stayed at places like this with larger and much more retarded groups than this without incident.
    Last edited by jerryg79; 05-07-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    So you loose, I win!

what about if we make reservations at one of these places. We stay there on wed, and go check out turtle rock. If it looks good and is available we'll just say something came up and cancel our reservation. It says at both places there is a one night charge plus $20 for late cancellation. That is like $8-10/piece to insure at the very least we have a place to stay.

Thoughts?
    So you loose, I win!

ill second Jerry's idea of making a reservation and cancelling it.

But I would like to camp at turtle rock if possible
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

go for it. Nothing wrong with a backup plan. I honestly don't have a huge preference on where we camp. It's going to be fun regardless, and you guys will have a lot more invested in the trip than I will...if I don't like the way the trip goes I'll go back the next weekend.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    your box is full.
    I told you last time Eric, I am not going to let you in my tent if you can't maintain atleast minimum personal hygiene...

The places with the group camping have the large areas set aside from everything else cause they know you'll be loud. We've stayed at places like this with larger and much more retarded groups than this without incident.
    [wiping a tear away]I dont know when the last time somebody has said something that nice about me![/wiping tear]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

ok well lets do that. Let me get the "daily rate" from these people and see what arrowhead tells doug.

If we can get a group campsite at arrowhead we can revisit this.

Otherwise we can go straight to turtle rock on wed. and if it looks good tell whoever we have reservations with to hug a nut.
    So you loose, I win!

Have I mentioned the Cottonwood Lake area for camping? Another recommendation from a friend down there.

http://www.coloradoguy.com/fourmile-...navista-co.htm

is this the turtle rock. Other than saying there is a campground on the east side not a whole lot of info. Seems cool.
    So you loose, I win!

yep that's the one. Looks like a prime beer drinkin location, doesn't it?

http://staythetrail.org/maps/files/B...ile_2005p2.pdf

here is a map, looks to be in the same area as carnage canyon and chinaman gulch. That might be nice so we dont have to load everything on trailers that day.

THere is a big ass river to swim in as well so im fine with that.

Im down for this place, my main concern at this point is just that we have a place to stay. So we can go ahead with the reservation/cancel and just plan on staying here.
    So you loose, I win!

yep that's the one. Looks like a prime beer drinkin location, doesn't it?
    we're gonna drink beer, its gonna be awesome!
    So you loose, I win!