Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread: June 4-7 Colorado Trip And Bachelor Party

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    I am going to have to trailer since my shiat's not legal right now. Creighton and I were talking about it and figure that will work out well, since that means we'll have a single trailer (easy to park) at the trailhead in case anything happens...if something happens to several rigs we can run up to the campsite and get a GN.
    How legal do I need to be, i have lights and such, but i dont have the paper work, i guess i am asking if the roads are like clayton where i dont need to worry about it if im not being a dumb ass or will i need to trailer also?

You need everything the cop asks for when he pulls you over. License, registration, proof of insurance. Sounds to me like they actively pull people over and check, even if you have plates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

well i have a title and insurance, no registration or plates.

i thought all the forms for their tags just said proof of ownership and vin #

i did not realize we would be driving through a town and such.. not sure i really even want to try that. i thought we would would be out in the mountains somewhere, no where near cops or towns.

so you think if i show them i have a proof of title, insurance and my license it will be ok?

i just got the paper work for the title today, so no actual title, and on it it says "title only, no registration"

this is 1000x more than i have ever had in the past.

should i pull a fake license plate off the wall?

you're talking about for driving on FS roads/trails, right? You can not drive on a public road (county roads and bigger) without registration showing that you have paid somebody for their road maintenance. I think for the green sticker all they care about is that you paid for the green sticker
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

so then i need to trailer mine as well?

even if its a texas vehicle? my lack of registration does not come out of CO pocket.

so everybody else is completely legal?

so should be just plan to take one gooseneck to the trail head? mine and the ugly?

Yeah I think that is all correct. Anybody know if a vehicle registration includes any federal taxes?

if i was magically able to find an inspection sticker by tomorrow morning i can get plates and a registration for it... but i do not see that happening... i tried.

Yeah I think that is all correct. Anybody know if a vehicle registration includes any federal taxes?
    i know back in the day when my jeep had wisconsin plates on it, if i got pulled over the cop would ask about the plates and i would just say thats where it was registered and then that was it. it had expired stickers right on the plates.

well everybody knows my jeep was never legal. so having insurance and a title will have to work.

Just get a green OHV Colorado sticker for 09 and keep it off the paved roads. Not that hard to do up there

i will need to be towed also, so it looks like eric coop and me

alright this whole OHV sticker thing is a total clustering event. I am waiting for a call back from someone who actually does enforcement on the trails we're doing, so she can tell me what we will need to have in order to avoid getting busted.

I got the whole scoop. First, here's the map we need, don't know if it's been posted yet:
    http://parks.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyre...ourMileMap.pdf
    We can basically drive non-licensed vehicles on all the roads except 24 and 285 with an OHV sticker. I think that still means we will have to trailer or poach 285 briefly to get to most of our trails.

She said "if it has an out-of-state plate you don't need a sticker." She didn't say they would check if anything was current, etc, so that's your call. I would get the sticker anyway if I were you. I'm going to get mine at lunch tomorrow, there's an office like 5 blocks from my office. Lemme know if any of you guys want me to pick one up for you.

I got the whole scoop. First, here's the map we need, don't know if it's been posted yet:
    http://parks.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyre...ourMileMap.pdf
    We can basically drive non-licensed vehicles on all the roads except 24 and 285 with an OHV sticker. I think that still means we will have to trailer or poach 285 briefly to get to most of our trails.

She said "if it has an out-of-state plate you don't need a sticker." She didn't say they would check if anything was current, etc, so that's your call. I would get the sticker anyway if I were you. I'm going to get mine at lunch tomorrow, there's an office like 5 blocks from my office. Lemme know if any of you guys want me to pick one up for you.
    I was thinking along those lines but didn't want to speak out of turn should you question my credibility. In the Summers we used to get those OHV stickers and they told us the rules of thumb is they would let us drive on all the dirt county roads as long as we didnt get on any major paved roads. Of course this was 4 wheelers and I didn't check any Colorado Laws.

yes i need one.

i just sent you an email with my info