Thread: MMET's

MMET's

Since this place has been hacked and I can post again, I might as well spam the place while I have the chance

If you are a MMET (or anyone else with a engineering or construction background) and need a job now or at graduation, send me your resume at chris.feller@oilstates. The group I work in is getting hammered with new jobs right now, and we need to effectively double our size in order to keep up with the demand.

summer internships? doing what?

Registered
    what division are you in? I'm graduating in May and as of yet have no job

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    summer internships? doing what?
    perhaps, I would have to check with my boss on the internships. We didn't do any last year, but we did it the year before. Send me a resume and I'll check into it.

We have several divisions, but I currently build offshore pipeline equipment, and this seems to be the sector thats growing the most. If you're familar with the lingo we build things like running tools, male end closures, plets, plems, collect connectors, dual gripping seals, male hubs, etc. The starting position is called a shop planner. You split your time between the office and the shops, taking care of problems that arrise and making sure the job flows smoothly. Its very hands on, but if you prefer to spend your entire day staring at a computer, its probably not the place for you. We have quite a few MMETs working here, and both the head of manufacturing and project management are A&M MMET grads.

Garret I thought you wanted to move up here...if you would consider Houston I need to put you in touch with my uncle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by 73bronco View Post
    what division are you in? I'm graduating in May and as of yet have no job
    Pipeline.

So how is the job market for everyone who is about to graduate? I know alot of the people I talk to say they are hurting, but it seems like the jobs just keep piling up for us. We're building alot of stuff for Brazil and Africa right now

Registered
    Garret I thought you wanted to move up here...if you would consider Houston I need to put you in touch with my uncle.
    I do want to move up there, just haven't heard anything yet from the companies I've applied to, Houston isn't really my ideal place by far but if I can't find anything I'll have to take what I can get

So how is the job market for everyone who is about to graduate? I know alot of the people I talk to say they are hurting, but it seems like the jobs just keep piling up for us. We're building alot of stuff for Brazil and Africa right now
    Job market sucks right now, half the companies at the career fair weren't even hiring or they had very few openings

Shot you an email.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

I have a lead for an MMET. It's with a small company that does system design and also inspection work. Don't remember a whole lot else except something about designing water injection systems. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Ive got experience with water and co2 injection systems, (multi vane pumps and motors)