Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: spring break trip(s)

Krawler68
    Red is BY FAR the best route... make sure you come in before or after rush hour though.

Doug

Matt Conlee
    I live right off highway 46 by Gaudalupe state park if you guys have any trouble on the way back or just want to take a break your more than welcome to come on over and have a cold one

fbronco86
    yeah we will send doug your way if he breaks down haha

crawlingno5
    any of yall ever driven to el paso?

BigRedFord04
    the only problem with the red route is that it goes thru Austin and has to pass under I35 @ Ben White...that is very possibly the WORST intersection in Austin. If y'all leave @ 6, even though it'll be saturday, you will get there @ 8 and there will still be A LOT of people out driving seeing as how its the 1st day of spring break for every major school in Texas.

fbronco86
    my mircosoft pos program says my rounte is longer but faster than the red route. mine blue 13.35 is hours and red is 15.23 hours. i would much rather pull my trailer on the interstate than 290 without a shoulder

We are going to leave from Dallas, gettin th trailer and probably St. John and the cherokee from hell. Leaving early on saturday morning. If anyone else wants to leave from Dallas let me know...
    Jimmy

stinger7401
    ok heres the scoop from someone who has traveled all of these roads. It most definately wouldnt be any faster to on 46 (blue) if you choose to head south. 290 is the staightest route but it does have its fair share of small towns with stop lights and off course the dreded Austin which by the way is bad just about 24 hrs a day. The interstate even though being longer is much shorter. Then you might ask if its longer whats that gonna do to my gas, right? Well if you calculate in all the stops in the small towns on the 290 route and how much fuel it takes getting a truck and trailer going again the fuel issue is prolly the same.

I am personally leaving out of San Antonio saturday mornin with scott and whoever else. I can let a few people bunk over for the night but just not to many, if anyones interested e-mail me or call and we'll work it out.

stinger7401
    I have once again skipped another class due to the anticipation of spring break! THREE MORE DAYS!!!!

fbronco86
    green it is. alright 6am were are we gonna meet at to leave in the morning. we need a parking lot or room for trailers to park someplace.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    the lot behind McDonalds works great, and you can get breakfast also - spillover into the old Albersons lot if needed.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

We will decide when to leave tonight at the meeting, from when and where. If you leaving from college station, we will have a short meeting after the meeting about the trip. Thanks and gig em

fbronco86
    6am behind mac donalds

Shaggy
    alright i am heading to waco (in the bronco) to pick up the burban and trailor... when i get there i am gonna swap mud bumpers for stock ones and throw on some rock lights... i hope to get back to CS before dark.. see ya at mickey d's tomorrow ****ers

The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'