Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aggie Motel

So anything you would do different? Things in different places, etc...

I'll ask this question again after you've used it more.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Someone asked me the same thing on expedition portal, and after thinking about it...

-I want a side box and awning on the driver's to keep all of my kitchen stuff and to provide shade in places that don't have a whole lot of trees like Big Bend and Katemcy.
    -I need to figure out a better jack solution, I need something that will get it level. Carrying blocks of wood around is ridiculous. Someone suggested a drop leg jack so I think I will swing by tractor supply over the next couple of days and check one out.
    -Water tank, pump and sink for washing dishes and maybe taking a shower would be very cool.
    -Finish my electrical system, I want light. I need light inside of the rear box and in the tent. I also want to set up flood lights around the trailer. Right now the electrical system is about 70% complete, just need to finish assembling the parts and wire it up. I have generator, charger, battery, fused marine switch panel, and shore power outlet, but still trying to decide on a box to put it all in.

A shower is definitely a good idea, but I can't see having one right next to a trailer unless it had a floor that drained it away from camp. It would make it a muddy mess if not.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    You don't need to spend much on jacks, just make some simple sliders with bolts (with t-handle on top of them) to mount on the back. lower the front of the trailer, set the two sliders in the rear so that when you raise the front it will set the sliders on the ground. Make sure your jack is long enough to get the tires off the ground completely and that will stabilize it a bunch.

On the shower end of it, just keep a small section of astroturf type material to throw down (but still look to see which way the water will drain).

If the jack description above is confusing, then I will try to find some pictures and explain better tomorrow at the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I am guessing these sliders you are talking about are not screw jacks? I would make one of the back ones (as well as the front one, of course) micro-adjustable so he can get the thing perfectly level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

yeah, just pretty much square tubing w/ a small foot on the bottom of it, inside of a larger piece of square tubing (like a receiver hitch) with a bolt on the side of it to tighten it down. Simple, cheap and easy to replace when someone forgets to put it up before they take off with it.

Get a couple of the 'RV levels' from wally world if you want to get it real level.
    'Cause if she don't,

you can get similar jacks like they use on pop ups and you can actually lift the trailer w/ a small handle..kind of like a bumper jack. they swing up and out of the way. check your local RV parts place...i'm sure they sell them. they also have feet on them.

The situation isn't with Jacking up the rear, to make it side to side level, but jacking up the tongue. The current jack is not tall enough to get it level so it sits at a downward angle. I need to find a replacement jack that is tall enough to make a trailer with 33s and lift level, and has a caster.

But all of these ideas are really good for figuring out how to get it level side to side. I will have to look into that as i use it more.

Not to be a dick, but for what you paid it doesn't come with jacks that will get it level? I'd be asking the manufacturer what's up with that.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I think it was more of him needing help w/ the fab work and he plans to finish it out himself. It's not like he went to the RV dealership and bought the showroom model.
    'Cause if she don't,

even fully loaded, how heavy is the tounge? Can it be picked up by hand if need be?

TSC usually has a pretty good assortment of jacks. Walk in the door, go down the left isle, should be about the 3rd or 4th isle from the back of the store.
    'Cause if she don't,

If you cant find one with a good caster, they have some good caster wheels that can be welded/bolted on to the bottom of the jack foot. A pneumatic tire would be nice to help move it around on rough terrain, but wont give you the stability a plastic or hard rubber wheel will.
    'Cause if she don't,

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    Not to be a dick, but for what you paid it doesn't come with jacks that will get it level? I'd be asking the manufacturer what's up with that.
    You know how much I paid for it? Wow you must have mind reading ability...

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    I think it was more of him needing help w/ the fab work and he plans to finish it out himself. It's not like he went to the RV dealership and bought the showroom model.
    Actually this is exactly what happened. I will never profess to be good at fab work or actually anything Mechanical, just don't have the mind for it. I like electrical stuff and woodworking, but that is as far as my skill set takes me.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    even fully loaded, how heavy is the tounge? Can it be picked up by hand if need be?

TSC usually has a pretty good assortment of jacks. Walk in the door, go down the left isle, should be about the 3rd or 4th isle from the back of the store.
    Look up a couple of posts, I plan on hitting up the TSC down the street tonight, or tomorrow. Back Left corner of the store Thanks, Ed.

Oh and the whole tongue weight is maybe 60 pounds. It can be easily lifted by hand, the rolling resistance of the 33's and weight of the trailer make it difficult to move off road, but easy in the garage.

And I actually got a pretty base model, the fully loaded model is this bad boy...

40" Tires and Beadlocks, Engel Fridge Freezer, Dual Battery Set up, Honda Eu1000i generator, Awnings, swing away tire carrier, and Heating and A/C Unit for the tent

Nvm, I thought it came with those jacks. No I don't know what you paid for it, I apologize for assuming you would spend a bunch of money on something, that was dumb.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.