Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Aggie Motel

ah now it all makes sense. It is still a little funny though. Maybe next time you could ask Davido if you could rent the 12th man bus for the night
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    I garauntee The Plaza on the corner of Texas and University has rooms available. Just dont read the reviews of the place on google
    wow. When will that dump get demo'd?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    wow. When will that dump get demo'd?
    City's been trying to get them to for years. Owner is psycho.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Runner View Post
    City's been trying to get them to for years. Owner is psycho.
    Isn't the owner out of California?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    I garauntee The Plaza on the corner of Texas and University has rooms available. Just dont read the reviews of the place on google
    Well I went with my mom to get her checked in there on friday night and after actually seeing what the room looked like inside, and the fact that her room was in a "back building" I decided she wasnt staying there. We had already checked in but went back to the front desk and demanded a refund. Now, I worked at a hotel for a few months so I know how this would have played out at any place that wasnt a ****hole.

Guest- "I want a refund, I'm not staying here"
    Hotel- "I'm sorry sir I cant do that, if you choose to check out early you will still be charged for both nights because it is graduation weekend"

Instead, they did not give us a single problem. I'm guessing guests do this prety frequently there. All the local hotels also usually double or tripple their rates on game and graduation weekends, but still always fill up. The Plaza, however, does not. Maybe my mom will get around to making her reservation more than a week before next time she comes to visit...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

Sold! Guy is coming and picking it up tomorrow. I noticed a trend on Expedition Portal of these trailers selling for way too much money and turned a profit. Onto the next project.

God dammit, BDR had 8 months!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

that's funny, I noticed a trend on TAMOR of these trailers being bought for way too much money
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    turned a profit
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

New tow rig.
    Gone....annnnnd gone.
    BDR

Sold! Guy is coming and picking it up tomorrow. I noticed a trend on Expedition Portal of these trailers selling for way too much money and turned a profit. Onto the next project.
    So some choad paid you more for a used stabbin cabin than they could have gotten it from the manufacturer for?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

He told me the guy that builds em has been raising prices on them, Something like a $1,000 more than when I bought mine.

lowballing someone
    so is it just me or did it look like the tires on the trailer were bigger than the jeep? and why put mud tires on it, would it actually get enough traction difference to matter or was it just looks
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    so is it just me or did it look like the tires on the trailer were bigger than the jeep? and why put mud tires on it, would it actually get enough traction difference to matter or was it just looks
    It was just looks and the tires were never put on there to match the jeep, they were put on to match the Tacoma. I didn't get the Jeep until after I got the trailer.

EDIT: In fact, technically the increased rolling resistance of the 12.5" of width and the aggressive tread pattern would inhibit Fuel Economy of the trailer. Although in my opinion this was negligible considering the weight of the trailer was only 1000 lbs. This trailer would have pulled anywhere with 33x9.50 All Terrains.
    Last edited by FJAggie07; 10-06-2009 at 05:21 PM.