Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Project: I Will Probably Lose Interest and Sell!

ill be your pickup man
    So I do not have to wonder into big gay beginner Jeep land, any suggestions on a 2" spacer kit with shocks? Or are the all going to be the same? Rustys has a spacers with shocks for $200.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

i ran rustys stuff on my jeep, and has been good so far, but i did not run spacers, I beleive that has rear coils, you can put the rears up front and gain lift there
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

If it includes shocks then you'll probably be good to go for an off-road only rig. Figure out some sway bar disconnects or just take the rear one off and carry a socket for the front and you'll be golden.

ill be your pickup man
    I think I am going with the Rustys kit in the next couple weeks. I need to replace the CV before Spring Creek Saturday. Ditch the sway bars, maybe buy Colman's rims, and hunt down some 31s. Also need to clean out some nastiness and install some cooler tie downs in the rear. If I like how it wheels and it turns out to not be a total turd, I might put a Powertrax in the rear and figure out a front bumper/winch mount.

It smokes a little on startup if it has been sitting for a while, but the motor seems solid.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    Also need to clean out some nastiness and install some cooler tie downs in the rear.
    just put it in the back seat and strap it in with one of the seat belts

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    It smokes a little on startup if it has been sitting for a while, but the motor seems solid.
    plenum? look down the TB and see if theres a pool of oil.

ill be your pickup man
    I looked down the plenum, and while no pool of oil, it was definetely oily.

I replaced the drivers CV, but it also needs the passenger side. I think I will let my right foot break that one before I replace. I also fixed the rear taillights to get the damn "rear lamp failure" message. It also gives me a "washer sensor failure" I cleaned out the backseat nastiness as well.

Is is typical for the track bar to contact the front diff? I still have a thud that I am pretty sure is not the other CV, as that is more of a pop. The paint on the top of the 30 diff cover is gone, almost perfectly to the bend in the TB.

How do fulltime 4wd ZJ people use shafts instead of CVs? Swap t-case to one that offers 2wd, then run shafts?

Tomorrow I do an oil change, maybe plugs, and fuel filter. Some engine degreaser is also in order.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

change the pcv also

check the tightness of the bolts for the links, mine like to come loose a little bit and causes the control arms to create a thud noise when it hits bumps
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

ill be your pickup man
    The thud noise is still present.

I definetely did not lose interest after the Spring Creek run yesterday. Today I cleaned it up, fixed the rear seat taht I somehow mangled Saturday, put the door panel and liftgate panel back on, fixed the liftgate latch for good, and put a pcv on it. It still smokes a little, might try some engine restorer.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Colman, I was half intoxicated for Paddy's day when you called yesterday. What is the plethora of parts you stumbled upon that includes spacers and 30" ATs?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

lowballing someone
    tires look good and i think i can get them for like 50 bux from bob maybe less. you can have the springs (i have 2 sets) and i still haven't got an answer on the budget boost spacers. you are on your own on shocks
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

True Hollywood Stry
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    I PM'd him.

After a quick google search Colman, it looks like TJ and Xj guys want v8 ZJ springs to give them lift, so the stock TJ coils won't help me.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

The coils are the same height just the ZJ ones are a higher spring rate
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?