Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 76 Jeep cherokee cheif, $500

True Hollywood Stry

76 Jeep cherokee cheif, $500

Alright i bought a jeep for the quadra-trac and am selling the rest whole. I dont want to part it out.

1976 cherokee cheif 2 door
    360 v-8 with 4 barrel edelbrock carb, guy i bought it from said it ran pretty good but might need the carb rebuilt, unknown mileage.

2- th400 trans one that came out of the truck that the case is trashed because of a blown front d-shaft(evidently a common problem in wagoneer/cherokees of this vintage. The other trans supposedly came out of a 79 wagoneer, but doesnt have the same bell housing pattern as the one that came from the truck

4 -stock aluminium 5 slot 6 lug 15inch wheels with stock rear hub caps

suspension- front sprungover with stock springs, and a 1 block under the springs. Caster has set at 5 degree's when the perches were welded on. Rear 6 in skyjacker block kit. Steering is stock steering flipped over the knuckles(may be stock) with a 6 inch skyjacker drop pitman arm. The brake lines have been extended.

Dana 44's f/r previous owner said that it had 3.54 gears.

Driveshafts i have both f/r driveshafts the front needs one of the u-joints in the double cardan joint. i have a spare front d-shaft that will go with it.

Motor has a york, and will come with a battery, also has cruise control but it is not hooked up. Motor was running when tranny was pulled.

Body has been completey bedlined with some thing like dupli-color or herculiner. Body has maybe 4 spots with bondo, but they hardly noticable. This truck has some of the best sheetmetal as far as rust that i have seen on jeeps of this age that are in the sub 1k dollar range. Interior is stock, but seats need recovering. Floor pans and floor are solid and have been bedlined as well. factory roof rack still installed and in good shape. The back windows still open. All windows in the truck are manual and work. The back tailgate is missing the glass but i will throw in the one from my wagoneer. The front grille is also in great shape and has a good shine to it. Tailgate is a little hard to close.

The previous owner used a boat gas tank behind the driver seat to fuel the truck but i will throw in a stock tank that will work in this truck as well.

The back c-channel crossmember that runs under the tailgate of the truck has been removed, because of getting bent when the truck was pulled out of the mud when the tranny broke before i bought it.

No title- $500

call me at 713 670 4535 if interested because i want this thing gone fast and i wont be checking the boards alot this weekend.

Extensive pics
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 05-08-2009 at 11:09 PM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

chief, chief

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Hot pocket but this
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    chief, chief

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    [Clyde Crouch] Thanks, Chief [/Clyde Crouch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

It isn't even a Chief though, just a regular Cherokee.

Edit: And just in case you do end up parting it...I want the Grille, Manual rear window setup, and the Chief emblems you mentioned.
    Last edited by TexTJ209; 05-09-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

True Hollywood Stry
    i want this thing to go to a good home $425 tamor price can deliver within an hour or so of crosby for cost of gas.

call me dont post if interested, as i most likely will not be on the boards again till next monday.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    Hot pocket buy this
    bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

True Hollywood Stry
    $400

True Hollywood Stry
    $350 for tamor members this will be the last price reduce, i really dont want to cut this truck up but i will

lowballing someone
    if you do i would like the front axle shafts, or maybe the whole thing and maybe the front springs, and maybe the front driveshaft
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

True Hollywood Stry
    i wont be selling the axle shafts from the front. if you want that much stuff it would be cheaper for you to come get the whole thing and sell the motor and body in all sincerity.

lowballing someone
    true, but i'm broke and brian won't let me borrow any money to buy any more 4x4's. and if i did buy it i would slap a 400 and d20 in it and make it a ranch truck. you don't want to trade most of a chevy 60 do you
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    true, but i'm broke and brian won't let me borrow any money to buy any more 4x4's. and if i did buy it i would slap a 400 and d20 in it and make it a ranch truck.
    Good story. Thanks for letting us know your current financial situation and family situation. Plus plans for a truck you don't have.

Lets stay on topic, just trying to help Frick sell this thing. Did Frick mention it has a "If you can read this roll me over" license plate holder? This obviously doubles the value.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Good story. Thanks for letting us know your current financial situation and family situation. Plus plans for a truck you don't have.

Lets stay on topic, just trying to help Frick sell this thing. Did Frick mention it has a "If you can read this roll me over" license plate holder? This obviously doubles the value.
    Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.