Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chief

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    if that TH400 is for a buick, i might steal it from ya if its worth a damn pockets
    Apparently, that's the good transmission.. it just doesn't fit.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

lowballing someone
    i traded junior a v8 fsj t18 and d20 with the correct tunnel cover and peddle assy. don't know if he is going to use it so you might call him. he doesn't get on here very often

if you do go manual you have to get a tranny from a v8, the i6 manuals are different
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    Apparently, that's the good transmission.. it just doesn't fit.
    exactly and ive got a

wait for it

Buick motor!

Chief
    I'd like to keep it an automatic

the irony of that statement...
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Well...first off, its not a Chief. Chief was an option package that only came on Wide-Trac Cherokees...yours is a Narrow-Trac Cherokee S. (Difference being wider axles and large fender flares, as you can see on my POS Golden Eagle Cherokee below, which is a Wide-Trac)

(And yes I know you have the Indian Head emblem on the dash...Jeep put those on basically every Cherokee, which further adds to the present day confusion.)

Both of the transmissions are correct for an FSJ, just the Buick one is for earlier FSJs back when AMC was using up the leftovers from the Buick 350 years.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    Neither one of those transmissions is for a chevy. Did all a/c equiped AMC motors come with york compressors?
    Up until the later (85+?) FSJ models, all FSJs did. I don't know about CJs though.

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    if you do go manual you have to get a tranny from a v8, the i6 manuals are different
    The V8 transmissions just have a giant spacer in front of them to make up the length difference versus the I6. You can run it without the spacer in an FSJ with a little bit of effort.
    Last edited by TexTJ209; 05-18-2009 at 01:35 AM.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

lowballing someone
    the input shaft of the tranny is longer bc of that spacer so he would have to swap out input shafts

sanden compressors were installed with dealer air and york's were factory air i believe
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

All badass rigs need a name, I dub this one "The Quief."
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    I've tolerated a lot of your ****... and I don't know what your deal is, but with all due respect

**** off

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post

I've tolerated a lot of your ****... and I don't know what your deal is, but with all due respect

**** off
    Trust me, I am pretty sure that Jimmy is not trying to rain on your parade. I like the new nickname myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

**** off
    Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    And don't worry about people ****ting on your thread. Just remember...**** happens.
    Don't sweat it.
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    the input shaft of the tranny is longer bc of that spacer so he would have to swap out input shafts

Yeah, that too.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

**** off
    That was actually said in Jimmy-Love. All great Projects in this club have a some what nasty name think about it. The Sanchez and The Salty Nutsack? Get over yourself already, you called it the Chief, it's funny to be the Queif. (Is that even how you spell Queif???)

BTW, Good Luck. But if you want help, like what you see above you can't **** where you eat and tell people to Fawk Off. It isn't conducive at all.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Hot Pocket, Congratulations on buying your first tird, uh I mean money pit, uh scratch that I mean off road rig. Here are some things that might help you:

1) On the passenger fender well there are 2 "magic boxes". One is the voltage regulator, this is a motorcraft part it will say something like "I A F S" on the plug. The second is your ignition box. Both of these should be considered "magic" and you should never touch them

2) I know Frick did not have a title, so I assume you do not. Having a registered and "inspected" vehicle can save you a lot of headaches in College Station. Here is a link to a company that can get you a title for under $200 without much hassle:

http://www.broadwaytitle.com/

3) Transmissions - The one with the giant hole in the case is the original TH400 that fits that jeep.

4) Here is a great piece of advice and one which you will probably ignore. Open up "Excel" Make a column for a description for everything you want to do to thi truck. Make another column with how much you think it will cost, then make a 3rd column for priority. I would concentrate on getting this thing running, make that priority 1 (transmission, etc...) Then make the other things you will want to do like blue neons, locking gas cap, rainbow sticker, etc... higher priorities. See how much it costs and stick with the plan. Do your priority one things first. It sounds stupid, but ask around how many people in the club have bought parts for something they never got to.

5) I applaud you on spelling Chief right, Kevin did not in his post, however Jimmy's nickname is funny, the more you hate it, the more we will use it. I originally tried to name The Klogger the MF-150 for mother f..... yeah you get the idea, however after 2 trips where it more or less made it to the trail head and died, the name The Klogger just kind of stuck. I mean look at it now, it has a cool name and is pretty much the most extreme truck in the club.....
    Last edited by KrazyKarl02; 05-18-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Here's a cheap trans and quadrajunk tcase.

http://www.texas4x4.org/showthread.php?t=27175

Of course it'll cost a couple hundred to rebuild the trans, and if the tcase turns out bad I think the price low enough to not worry about it.
    BDR

My predictions:
    When will it be sold: Aug 09
    Who will piss Hot Fockup off the most - Jimmy
    How will Hot Hockup kill himself: in the library with the candlestick

Seriously, when I goto church and visualize heaven, its me reading this thread and laughing all day everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!