Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Wagons West! (how to plan a wheelin' trip to Co. or Ut.)

ill be your pickup man
    Not starting out good. I am in San Antonio, waiting on buddy from Houston. He is broke down in Seguin. 01 Tahoe. I think it's the fuel pump. He says no whine from tank like typical GM. 150k on OE pump. Started sputtering up inclines, then pulled over, then died, now won't start. Has 1/4 tank and just added 4 more gallons, still no start. Advance has one for $250, but want to make sure that the problem before we buy. Tow truck bringin it to Jeremiahs house. Wife will not be pleased.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

if you need help i am just down the road... call me
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

mileage/symptoms sound right. $250 and 4 hrs and you're back in business. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

ill be your pickup man
    2.5 hrs biotch. purrs like a kitten.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    Advance has one for $250
    Is that a whole sending unit?

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    2.5 hrs biotch. purrs like a kitten.
    aw you probably had proper lighting and a hard surface to work on. That's cheating
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    Is that a whole sending unit?
    They are in tank fuel pumps, my moms went out on her 02 tahoe at 180000 on it earlier this summer
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

ill be your pickup man
    Camping just outside Ouray for the past couple of days. On Engineer, maybe a couple hundred yards short of the turnoff to Poughkeepsie Gulch. Did PK Sunday. Ended up pulling a Yota completely over Imogene Pass, and into Telluride on Monday. Looks like rain tonight.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    They are in tank fuel pumps, my moms went out on her 02 tahoe at 180000 on it earlier this summer
    in tank?! for real? when did they start doing that?

lowballing someone
    actually there modules....
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

ill be your pickup man

Colorado 2010

Quick synoposis of the trip.

On Thurdsay night, we were all to meet up in San Antonio. Buddies 01 Tahoe breaks down on I-10 somewhere just east of SA. He gets it towed to Jeremiah's house where we commence to change the fuel pump out. We were really only 75% sure that was the problem, but luckily we were right. We ended up leaving SA around 6am, and getting to a Cracker Barrel in Kerrville for some breakfast.

Made it to Pagosa where we stayed the night. Had a few beers between Santa Fe and Pagosa. This was not a good idea, as I would find out the next morning.

Wake up to a headache and nausea. I guess the elevation change and and a sixer did not make good bedfellows. Went to the grocery store and bought and ****ton of food. Headed up to Silverton.

We ended up camping for a 5 nights at a great little campsite on Engineer, about 20minutes in from the turnoff of 550. We were a couple hundred yards from the fork that leads to PK. It was my truck, a Tahoe with a real rear locker, and an XJ on 33s.

We did PK I think the next day. I winched up the hard section, as did both the XJ and Tahoe. There were alot of Yotas out there including this sweet FJ...

There is really nothing difficult about PK, except for the one small climb. Most of the Yotas did it. ONe jackhole from Arizona in a fully built TJ buggyon 40s and tons went up and down it and then got all grumpy when people got in his way. Seriously bro, calm down, my 19' pickup came up it.

Next day we did Imogene. We got almost to the top of the OUray side and decided to do a little repelling. We hooked a line up to the front of the XJ, and all 6 of us backed up over the edge and went down a good 50'. Never had done that before, and it was a rush, especially being that high up.

As we were about to continue on, the sounds of a little 22R hitting the rev limit could be heard coming up the trail. It eventually died and we backed down to pull him up to level ground. It wasn't getting fuel, so we swapped on a new pump that he had. We did this for him for some reason. That didnt work. Eventually he asked me to pull his dead ass to Telluride. This still included a good mile long up hill section of the Ouray side. Somehow the old weak non smoking gasser got that bitch over the pass, all the way into Telluride, and eventually onto the gawdamn trailer. It was badass I promise. All I got was $50 but I was able to helpout a fellow wheeler.

While on the trails, I saw a significant amount of Chevy/Geo Trackers. These things were everywhere and some looked pretty cool. Most were still IFS, had 32s, small lifts, winches. One had a D44/9" combo, running some 33" Nittos. Everyone was driven by older people. Pretty cool little rigs. Saw alot of FJ80s, FJ Cruisers, a plethora of TJs/JKs, and a surprising amount of EBs.

Did the Alpine Loop, California, Cinnamon, and Corkscrew, went to the Hot Springs in Ouray and in Pagosa, jumped into near freezing waters at the waterfall near our campsite, talked **** to some Telluridians, learned about the terms "bro-bra" and "gayper", met some new friends, and enjoyed generally not being in Texas heat.

Made it from Pagosa to SA in 13 hrs. Made it to Bryan 2.5 hrs later. Truck needs a new skidplate and a few other minor issues that get fixed Wednesday. Nothing major.

my cupholder fits champagne bottles. I roll hard.
    Last edited by JB; 09-13-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man

sheepdog that wasn't fvcking around...
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

it's "bro-brah" and "gaper" but I like your spelling

and yota frool pumps almost never go out. Was probably the filter

Registered
    Looks like a good trip!

ill be your pickup man

92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4