There was lots of talk even before we left Co. for home about 'next years' trip. I wanted to get some things down on paper (and got bummed/bored after looking at the trip pictures again ).

Next years Class Schedule.

May 12th - Last Final Exam Day for Spring Term
May 27th - Last Final Exam Day for Rosebud-Lott ISD (Brady and mine's Alma Mater)
June 1st - First day of First Term
Calendar

Ok, so my vote is going to be a May 29th - June 6th trip so Brady can go (TAMU'ers can get out of the first few days of class much easier than he can get out of Finals, plus this was a mostly 'working stiff' trip anyways. )

Now, herein lies the dilemma. Where do we go? Back to Buena Vista, somewhere else in CO, or maybe up to Moab? I would think it would be a bit to hot that time of year to hit New Mexico. I really enjoyed the Buena Vista area, and would be more than happy to go back. I would only suggest trying to find another camp ground that was a bit more trailer friendly since we trailered to every trail. Getting up a bit farther on the Wheeler Lake trail would be nice if the snow is not too bad (and I actually have a 100% working clutch by then (which would have made the run up Iron Chest a bit less craptasticale on my nerves)) as I was not able to do nearly enough BASHING!!! Also, another run at the Carnage exit would be in order. Maybe I can keep from cutting a tire this time.

I know there has to be plenty of ideas on other places in Colorado so I will let everyone else chime in here. (Maybe a stop on the trip up to make the run up Pikes Peak would be in order)

I am all for a Moab trip also, but I don't know how the temp looks that time of year there.

Buena Vista Average Temps

Moab Average Temps

To stay in the 70ish day/40ish night, you would need to be in Moab during April or early May. The end of May/First of June may be a bit warm but not terribly unbearable. The same temp range for Buena Vista runs from the first of June all the way through mid-September.

Fuel Costs: At ~$2.40/gallon, I was running about $0.33/mile at an average of 7.3 mpg w/ the 40'er and 3 rigs (roughly 11 cents/mile/rig). I think Jerry and Creighton were probably doing about 5 to 8 cents per mile better with only two rigs, yet the cost per rig still being about the same. What that all works out to for future reference is ~$0.06 per mile per dollar of diesel (or .06 * total mileage * cost per gallon average)