Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Wagons West! (how to plan a wheelin' trip to Co. or Ut.)

I ended up doing allot of mountain biking on the front range, stayed on a cabin in Grand Lake, went canoeing and did a two night backpacking trip in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Not as cool as my usual trips to Colorado, but it was a nice last minute trip.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Sweet...what trails did you ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Sweet...what trails did you ride?
    Are you a big mountain biker? I used to BMX race in High school and hadn't ridden in years. I had a blast and am really wanting to get into it.

I'm not exactly sure. My girlfriends Dad took us to 4 or 5 trails, all within 30-45 minutes of Castle Rock. Spent a couple of days in the Castle Rock area at my girlfriends Aunt's house. Most in the various "open spaces". We did another trail West of Grand Lake in a recreational area.

I had never spent any time that far east. Most of my time in Colorado has been spent around ski resorts, the Arkansas River Valley and Ouray. The quality of Jeeps, Toyota's, etc. is much more impressive and common than those in Texas. You can tell that most modified 4x4's are really for function, where as the average rig in Texas seems to be for aesthetics. Just in her aunts neighborhood there were loads of rigs. Yota on 35"s, FJ on 35"s, XJ on 35"s, and around a dozen modified Tjs and JKs with 33"-37"s. Even a beast of a TJ with tons, SBC, 40"s, and a large stretch.

In the Rocky Mountain National Park we hiked about 10 miles in on the North Inlet trail. Camped, and did a couple of day hikes up to several water falls and alpine lakes. Was not as extreme as hiking 14ers like I have previously, but was very beautiful. Saw at least a dozen Moose, a few deer and many elk.

I'll throw up a couple of pictures soon.
    Last edited by breckboarder55; 08-29-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

wouldn't say I'm a big mtber but just got a bike after being out of the game for a while. Mostly ride around Buffalo Creek but have ridden Green Mtn, White Ranch, Hall Ranch, Centennial Cone and years ago most of the trails farther north.

Don't worry we've got our fair share of mallcrawlers too
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Registered
    depending on money im down to go may have a open spot on the gn

Registered
    how are the other states with all the cdl stuff? I dont mind hauling our gn with two rigs, but didnt know how bad or good of an idea it is......

Quote Originally Posted by cj nut View Post
    depending on money im down to go may have a open spot on the gn
    not sure if there's another of these on the forseeable horizon...

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Reciprocity. Most of the time the other states will let you by if you are legal in your home state.

Pretty much, if you have a gross of 26,000lbs or more, you 'need' a cdl. The 'need' part is pretty much only if you get stopped. That is for you to decide if you want to risk or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    not sure if there's another of these on the forseeable horizon...
    x2

Depending on my housing situation this year, I would like to try and make a trip next summer up to Moab/Colorado again. It will have to be a big one though, because the Halloween ride at Alto will be my last one till then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Registered
    hmmm im pretty close to my "class b exempt" would that be of any help if I finished it?

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    x2

Depending on my housing situation this year, I would like to try and make a trip next summer up to Moab/Colorado again. It will have to be a big one though, because the Halloween ride at Alto will be my last one till then.
    I am going to really try and make it out to the Rubicon next year. Just have a feeling I might not always have that opportunity, so I should try to make it while I can.

Moab is worth the drive and I would do it again though. It only adds a couple of hours to the drive to the Rubicon if you take a Northern Route through Moab too...
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by cj nut View Post
    hmmm im pretty close to my "class b exempt" would that be of any help if I finished it?
    Not if you're getting it to drive for busops. Those have a 'P' endorsement and, from what I understand, it's only for vehicles that carry 24(?) or more passengers.
    Last edited by bburris; 09-01-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Registered
    it was for driving a firetruck..... then there was something in their about farm equipment... i just couldnt remember exactly what it was

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    I am going to really try and make it out to the Rubicon next year. Just have a feeling I might not always have that opportunity, so I should try to make it while I can.

Moab is worth the drive and I would do it again though. It only adds a couple of hours to the drive to the Rubicon if you take a Northern Route through Moab too...
    took my truck to Moab a couple years back. Not as fun with a stock truck. Bronco would have been a blast, but I would have had to budget two weeks to enjoy it fully. In the next couple years, I hope to haul the Bronco out to the Rubicon

But that aside, in 48 hours, I will be in Colorado 70 degree weather. **** all of you.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

**** me? **** me?! No **** you!
    but I'll be in ALB. Enjoy the traffic/crowds