I'll put the back ground of the injury of here when I'm more bored.

Couple people actually took interest so I'll just quote them in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
On the way home from picking up this piece of ****, I got a call from my friend who was taking care of my dog to say he was dragging his rear legs.

Long story short is he's paralyzed in his rear half and they're not sure it's going to get better.
Bunch of people being sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
Thanks everyone. There's a chance he'll get better, but I'm starting to lose a little hope.

He's perfectly happy and healthy other wise, just can't use his rear legs. One other complication is they lose control of their bladder and bowels. The only good thing is the loss of control isn't the pee/crap leaking out, it's the opposite, you actually have to express the urine. The vet said they can usually learn to pooh on their own again.

I'm not sure how many dog owners would go through this trouble/money for their dogs. I'm sure some people think we're completely retarded, but as long as he's happy we don't care. If he were older 10-12 we might think differently, but he's only 5.

I'll probably start a wheel chair thread soon. I want something cool for him, not some generic off the shelf cart. I'll probably have to cludge something together out of PVC initially just to get him something. The final version will be TIG welded light aluminum frame, with small bike rims, high quality sealed bearings, and a neopreme harness with nylon webbing.
Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
AHHH the bionic dog comes to life!!!! That sounds really cool actually.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
go with a mesh harness. Neoprene=too hot!!!!
there's a chihuahua I see a guy walking almost every morning that has his rearend on wheels. Seems happy enough.
and don't lie, you know you're excited about "helping Ty express his urine"