Thread: 1994 Land...uh...Cruiser?

Threaded View

1994 Land...uh...Cruiser?

Found this gem on Craigslist. It was in the Barrio. It took me about 15 minutes to decipher what the person was saying as to where it was. It was off Seminary Dr. just off of I-35W. Rough Area. I brought back-up.

Anyways, truck is a little rough and needs a Pass front CV (Birfield?). I was about to walk when I spied the little dial to the left of the steering column. Suddenly the value of this thing doubled. Berta was asking $1500, I countered $800, we settled on $1000.

It had some kick ass air freshener in it. Black Ice...or cheap aftershave.

I plan on getting rid of the front bumper for a trusty ARB and then fabbing up something for the rear...I would buy something but they are like $2000.

Needs tires, seat covers, and some other stuff. A/C blows nice and cold and the radio works.

Trip to get it was a major PITA!
    Drove to granbury to get trailer. On way back hear noise...sounds like metal dragging. I think blowout. Stop, look at tires and they are all good. I think maybe jack fell down and flipped back up?.. Find/See nothing, Keep on trucking.

I get to the barrio and open one of the ramp pockets. No ramp! FAWK!!! FAWK!!!! FAWK!!! (right then I have a flashback of metal noise I heard on the way up there, that noise now strangely sounded like a ramp dragging down the road and flying off into a ditch somewhere!) Open other ramp pocket...No RAMP!!!! FAAAAAAWK!
    Look up in there and one ramp is gone the other is wedged between front and back axle! Get one ramp out, use rocks and other mexican goodies to create second ramp to winch it up on trailer.
    Go to my house dump cruiser. hear hissing noise. bad leak in new trailer tire. change tire for spare. drive back to granbury and luckily found ramp on the side of the road where I heard the noise!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by Graystroke; 07-17-2009 at 10:02 PM.