Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounting a M12000 on a Duramax...

Has anyone posted this ARB yet. I figured they would be sky high, but they are "only" $1200. Looks like you have to by the mounting kit too for another $130. I think its looks pretty good.

http://www.4by4connection.com/charbbu.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I like that last one jerry posted.

Edit: Of course it is color matched, so that makes it blend in more...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

here is a picture of the frontier gear bumper on my truck, i looked underneath it and there isnt a place to mount a winch, but that might be an option that the previous owner of my truck didnt opt for

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I am sure your neighbors are much happier with that truck in the driveway. Even if the jeeps/buggy/blazer are outside also, it's still a major plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

ill be your pickup man
    no pics from the warn site, but google turned up a few.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    The first one on the red fire truck that JB posted looks good, but that winch sets freakin low. I also have to think of someway to get to the spool lever.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

i want this one for my dodge, dont know how it would look on a GM though, they come with winch mounts built in just like anything else. they were around $7-750 last time i priced it. browns welding in new bruanfels.

does buckstop make one w/o the brush bar? I like those. shipping will kill you though...I think they are in the NW. can't go wrong w/ an arb. I 've had one on the rover for over ten years and the finish still looks new.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I did some measuring under the frame last night. It is pretty much impossible to put the winch behind the bumper. The frame to bumper mounts are 20" apart and the winch is 24" wide. Additionally there is an automatic tranny cooler that would have to be moved.

If I do not want to shell out the cash for a big boy bumper, I think my best bet would be to take the stock bumper off, weld/bolt in some sort of cross member with a square tube reciever hitch. Like Flem said I could put the reciever tube directly behind the license plate where it is not noticable.

Another option is where the tow hooks mount, Ramsey makes a mount that goes in there, it is similar to the one John Brown posted above.

Thoughts?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I think it's a matter of what you need more in this application. Form or functionality. If you just need it to work, then a mount like JB's will be good. The only drawback on this one is having the winch exposed to the elements I guess. The receiver hitch behind the license plate is also good, but where will you store the winch and where will you mount the electrical connector to plug it in? Remember too, that is going to be a heavy sucker on once you build a mount strong enough for it (~150lbs). The reciever hitch idea would also let you mount it to your trailer or the klogger if needed. Both of those seem to be the best money wise, but give up the looks a bit.

If you want to have something that looks good on the front of the truck, then it all boils down to what you want to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I dont know if you have the 12000 already but have you considered a smaller, ~9k winch? They are significantly more compact and I cant imagine needing the full pulling power of a 12k on a daily driver, even a bigass diesel. I have never needed to double line my M12000 and that includes getting stuck in all around ****ty situations like the hill bottom in Clayton.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

ill be your pickup man
    Meh, I would want a 12k on a truck like that. My 9k has been pissed once or twice pulling my 6k truck.

I think trying to hide that monster behind that bumper is not going to work out. I have seen the hidden kits on newer GMs and it looks bad. If you are going to start fabbing stuff up to make the line come out in the middle of the bumper instead of below it, then maybe, but that sounds like too much work. I would probably get a replacement bumper to mount it in. Your ramming capabilties will then be increased as well.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    http://www.ranchhand.com/prodpix/BTC031BLR.jpg
    http://www.ranchhand.com/prodpix/BTC0318BLR.jpg

I think I prefer the Frontier bumper better. Any more pics of your truck Coleman?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

JB your 9k worked just fine yanking the Bronco body off the frame!
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"