Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mounting a M12000 on a Duramax...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Thoughts on this, front reciever hitch from e-trailer, rated for 9000#'s, install is easy and is not too low.

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-H~65028.h...icleid=2006419

You Tube video of an install

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy7GASRH94U
    Looks easy and fast. I think we need to get in the business of making these things. $50 of steel and sell it for $175
    1988 Blazer...RIP

that was some deep ****
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

if you were stuck (like today) and double lined it how would that work? looks like it attaches to the tow hook area. 9k winch doubled = 18k. I guess don't stand to close to the front. Still say you need a 10k plus for that truck.
    Last edited by Graystroke; 10-04-2009 at 11:53 PM.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    if you were stuck (like today) and double lined it how would that work? looks like it attaches to the tow hook area. 9k winch doubled = 18k. I guess don't stand to close to the front. Still say you need a 10k plus for that truck.
    The mounts that Doug posted are only rated for 9k, but as you ran the line back to another spot on the frame and not the hitch mount or winch mount you should only see the pressure the winch pulls. I agree that it really needs a big 12k+ winch, but I believe he already knows that.

Still say you need a 10k plus for that truck.
    I agree that it really needs a big 12k+ winch, but I believe he already knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    So needless to say, mounting that M12000 just moved up on my list....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

look at the title.
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    look at the title.
    well the mount he just posted is only rated for 9k. why have a 12k winch mounted to a 9k mount?

well the mount he just posted is only rated for 9k. why have a 12k winch mounted to a 9k mount?
    whats the trailer hitch on the back rated for? We sure pulled him out with that yesterday.
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    The mounts that Doug posted are only rated for 9k, but as you ran the line back to another spot on the frame and not the hitch mount or winch mount you should only see the pressure the winch pulls. I
    looked like mount was tied into tow hook mounts. which is essentially the same as the mount

another thing about a quick mount vs bumper: quick mount has just a pin holding it. I guess that's enough for 9k. wonder about the stress on the frame ends w/ just two bolts for a double pull.

I don't know about other bumpers but my ARB has 6 bolts in double shear and that is on a boxed frame. It is rated for 10k winch.
    Last edited by Graystroke; 10-05-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    So I think I will take a stab at making one of these. I was just going to buy the $173 one, but I have some extra receiver size tube laying around. Plus I ahve the welder and need to use the new plasma cutter. So I am thinking of basically copying the drawtite design, but making it a little beefier, I mean they are only using 4 - 1/2" bolts. I will also make a little reciever/license plate mount.

Something I am unsure of is, do you put the pin inside the bumper (Location A) or outside the bumper (location B). Inside the bumper could be a real pain in the ass to get to. Location B might cause me to have a 3 or 4" nub sticking out the front of my truck. Thoughts?

I was talking to Jones and he mentioned possibly making an "H" shaped one, but I do not know if there is enough room.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    whats the trailer hitch on the back rated for? We sure pulled him out with that yesterday.
    A 2" ball is usually only rated at 5000 lbs, my rear hitch is like 6000 lbs, but I sure pull some **** with it. My opinion is that those things have to be made to take all kinds of dynamic loads when you are pulling them on the highway at 90...err I mean 45, yeah, thats a safe speed. I think for this they generally hold up pretty well.
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I would do the pin outside the bumper. If you sank the front end it would be impossible to get under the truck to pull the pin/put it back in.

I think that design is fine for what you are wanting it for, you're not winching your truck up a mountain, just maybe once a year or two when you have a couple too many miller lite gatorades in the stand
    Last edited by jerryg79; 10-05-2009 at 11:23 AM.
    So you loose, I win!

inside would be cleaner... but outside would make more useful sence... I would go outside
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    inside would be cleaner... but outside would make more useful sence... I would go outside
    sense, and sentences only need one period, not three.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I don't know what winch you're planning on using, but I would strongly consider a 10k or stronger winch for this truck. Just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    I don't know what winch you're planning on using, but I would strongly consider a 10k or stronger winch for this truck. Just a thought
    Good point, does anyone have an opinion on this? I wish it was as simple as looking at the top of the page
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette