Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Clayton Christmas Carnage '09 (Rooms and Rides Thread)

Awesome trip...obviously time for a new clutch in the buggy, but other than that came out unscathed. Even with the "Flip".

Speaking of which, I think someone got the video, I'd like to get a copy of that original. Steven, for your info, Ryan Clarke was driving, I was spotting - last obstacle of the last trail of the trip(Redneck Millionaire), we took a hard line just for the hell of it. I think we made it up further than anyone else did (without a winch), but just couldn't figure out how to get the buggy turned toward the trail exit (probably should have tried a front dig much earlier, in hindsight). Due to some "audience encouragement" we kept trying after we probably should have backed down. Thanks to Busa and Scott's help, we got it righted quickly, and drove it out while Busa's winch continued to hold it upright. It was a bit violent of a flip, so Ryan took quite a jarring and was a little sore, but he was expecting to roll and came out of it smiling. Other than a smallish dent/bend in the roof cage and accelerating an already noticeably worn clutch's demise, it didn't do anything to the buggy. I hope it was entertaining to all
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

p.s. Thanks for trailering, for organizing the WTWE and for buying all that spaghetti we never got a chance to eat, Ed! Thanks for the great fajita's, Chris!

How is the club handling $$$ for both those guys?
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

I have the video of it Chris. I just have to learn how to put it on the computer and be able to send it.
    Ryan Busa
    CP# 972-281-7106
    rbusatoy@hotmail.com

We saw Kopecki, then John Brown, then Scott and someone else on our way back to Dallas yesterday afternoon. Tried to call Scott to tell him something was falling off the back of the trailer but I guess he's too cool to answer his phone.

I think the waterpump on the ford quit on the way back. Overheats at idle very quickly. Don't think it's the fan clutch. Luckily it still has almost 400 miles and 1 month of warranty left. Fixed the dodge last night.

Tommy and I got the backyard arranged nicely. 2 boats, 2 trailers, and 2 jeeps back there and still easy to get everything in and out.

I don't know where the fawk I got 10 hours from...google maps says 13.5 hrs, took me 14 each way. Lot of driving for one day of wheeling, but what a great place! Great to see and wheel with you guys again!

And I think most of us learned that it probably wouldn't hurt to carry at least a few tools...like a lug wrench, at least?

can't believe you fawkers partied until 6am Saturday night
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    And I think most of us learned that it probably wouldn't hurt to carry at least a few tools...like a lug wrench, at least?
    We all looked at each other, "You got Tools?" "Hell no someone else always brings tools...""Wait where did Ed go?!? ****."

Quote Originally Posted by 8Runner View Post
    How is the club handling $$$ for both those guys?
    oh yeah let me know what I need to throw in for either of these, I said I would help pitch in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

lowballing someone
    red cj- radiator made whoopie with fan(not the other way around), rear u-joint and yoke, body damage on both rear corners, kissed the pass cowl when it rolled, bent both sliders, bent shackle reversal cross bar, power steering pump squeals like a pig, debeaded tire and reset with a road flare, and i spilt some beer on my gloves.

corey's cj- pretzeled front driveshaft, broke u-joint and yoke on rear axle, winch died, leaky bead had to be reset, motor smokes, gay driver
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Good times.

Great to see the hippie. The brunes were missed, rumors even started that they were actually coming with brandini.

Tator hill was awesome per usual.

Lots of good stories.

Colman next time you change a radiator on the trail, maybe dont leave 2 gallons of antifreeze on the rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

ill be your pickup man
    Drinking Keystone bottles at Tator Hill was fun. I vaguely remember talking **** to some OU fans, and also hearing about some mysterious roadblock waiting for us just short of town.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

good times, some how it actually does get better every year.

... i am still tired and i went to bed at 8:30

will post up my brothers pics later

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    red cj- radiator made whoopie with fan(not the other way around), rear u-joint and yoke, body damage on both rear corners, kissed the pass cowl when it rolled, bent both sliders, bent shackle reversal cross bar, power steering pump squeals like a pig, debeaded tire and reset with a road flare, and i spilt some beer on my gloves.

corey's cj- pretzeled front driveshaft, broke u-joint and yoke on rear axle, winch died, leaky bead had to be reset, motor smokes, gay driver
    Did you get any new graphics on your jeep? Perhaps a proclamation on your windshield?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

lowballing someone
    i did notice the matching dicks on the hood and the nicely formed dreidel in the center. nicely played. didnt notice anything on the windshield.
    as far as the coolant goes, sorry, most of that was out when the radiator hit the fan. the hippy inside me cried a little
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Got to drive the uglyota a little on Green Mamba, that was fun.

I passed Courtney on the way back. She sure does drive slow
    I may not be able to run with the big dogs, but I can limp with the pack.