Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: JB's House Build

ill be your pickup man

JB's House Build

I really did not think this house would need much after moving in, and it really doesn't I guess, but a stroll through Home Depot made me realize that I could spend alot of money real quick if I had it. The only thing I have done so far is replace the tacky gold door hardware on all the interior doors with some Schlage satin nickel hardware. I get the carpet steamed tomorrow. I have no eye for paint colors at all but have a gf and a mother who will probably disagree completely on what to choose.

Garage buildup will come soon. Thinking about floor coatings now. Driveway needs the weeds pulled from where the expansion joints were and then I would like to fill it in with some sealant.

I need to buy non collegeesque furniture, a flat screen wall mount, some nice patio furniture, a grill, and plenty of other **** as well.

The motor for the septic runs 24/7. I will have to take a picture so maybe Cook or Jordan could explain it. It is loud, and I would really like to muffle it so I can enjoy silence on my back porch. Maybe some sort of insulated fake rock.

Here are a couple pics of the property. There is alot of grass to mow. Ignore the chain link, the property goes to the barbed wire.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Sam likes it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Anyone know what a blue flag with a solid gold star represents? The PO left it on the flagpole.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Nice place JB!

Ya, that blower for the septic will run all the time. I know some people plant bushes in front of their tanks to hide/quiet them, but you'd have to put some sort of root barrier between the tank and the plant. Park the jeep on top of it!
    BDR

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    Anyone know what a blue flag with a solid gold star represents? The PO left it on the flagpole.
    It is the "Burnet Flag".

http://www.lizmichael.com/aboutbbf.htm

The "Republic of Texas" movement uses it now. If you want I have a psycho, I mean guy who works for me that is involved with them. They make their own license plates and driver's licenses. He also writes "tm" after his name anytime he signs something. About twice a year he spends 3 days in jail for no registration/license, but he says he is truly free and the rest of us are not...

Additionally he can never retire because he figured since he was a member of the republic of Texas, he would not pay federal income tax. Well I guess Texas lets you screw around, but the Fed does not....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

air pumps run 24/7 so the aerobic bacteria can effectively eat your doodoo. its probably a carbon vane pump. they are usually loud as ****. it looks like a box with a motor sticking out of it. solution is to get a concrete cover if it doesn't have one, move it away from the house, build **** around it, or replace it with a diaphragm pump ($$).

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    Park the jeep on top of it!
    bad idea unless you want the tank to collapse.

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    air pumps run 24/7 so the aerobic bacteria can effectively eat your doodoo. its probably a carbon vane pump. they are usually loud as ****. it looks like a box with a motor sticking out of it. solution is to get a concrete cover if it doesn't have one, move it away from the house, build **** around it, or replace it with a diaphragm pump ($$).
    Fire ants love to build mounds around these, and will fawk them up. Keep an eye out for this.

bad idea unless you want the tank to collapse.
    To quote my friend's kid: duh!
    BDR

big yard... i dig it
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post

and I would really like to muffle it so I can enjoy silence on my back porch. Maybe some sort of insulated fake rock.
    A guy was trying to sell these at our job site. they looked pretty good and they made them big enough to cover pool equipment. you could do that and just poke a pc of pvc through for intake air. I'm betting they are not cheap.

ill be your pickup man
    There are two concrete boxes sticking out of the ground. ONe of them has the motor mounted on top of it. It then has a concrete cover over it, but that does not seem to muffle it all that well. OUt of curiosity, how much is a diaphragm pump?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Carpet is going to go. PowerClean came out and said they had just been there last month. Said it had lots of pet urine, and another cleaning would not really help. I appreciated his honesty. I am now on the hunt for new carpet in the bedrooms and some type of wood laminate for the living and kitchen.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    What could I expect to pay per sq ft for good carpet? One place in town is telling me 6.50 sq/ft installed, which ends up being way more than I want to spend. It is some good carpet, but damn.

I want something better than just the cut pile stuff.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

that sounds really, really high. you can get decent tile or hardwood for that. I pay $6.25 a foot for hand scraped #2 red oak turn key... the real stuff.