Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: No More Walking...

Finished pulling the front axle yesterday to do the gear swap. Found the heim joints on both lower control arms are pretty worn out. They are a 3/4" x 3/4" heim with a bushing to reduce the hole to 5/16" (I think it's actually metric...close enough ) The 3/4" heim seems a bit small for something like a control arm...yall think I should just pick up another 3/4" heim and run it or should I look into something like a bushing - http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...ot_p_1646.html. I also found a guy that has a pair of RE lower control arms for 100 bucks...seems like not a bad deal. Thoughts?
    BDR

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people build lowers with 3/4" heims. That's what mine are and I'm guessing something else will fail before they do.

replace them with 3/4 x 5/8 heims and you can get rid of the reducer. They're way stronger than 3/4 x 3/4 too. Or get the RE arms
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

i have a 9 inch housing sitting in my shop back home if you want it. $50 and i can give you the housing and brakes and what not. it needs new gears and stuff. it came out of my bronco

Allright, gonna pick up another set of heims. I remembered a few years ago heims seemed to be the standard for aftermarket links, but looking around now most everyone uses either a bushing at both ends or a bushing and a johnny joint.

Quote Originally Posted by ol burj View Post
    i have a 9 inch housing sitting in my shop back home if you want it. $50 and i can give you the housing and brakes and what not. it needs new gears and stuff. it came out of my bronco
    Thanks, I've got a few already, but I'll keep it in mind.
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    Pulled the rear driveshaft last night to have a look at the sye flange. Looks like the installer cut the shaft too short...there's only about 3/4" of spline on the end. There's a bit of wear on the splines which is why the flange wiggles a bit. The flange bolts to the shaft with a washer on the ID that is only held in with a snap ring, so it doesn't help any with keeping the flange straight. Think if I welded the washer to the flange it would hold the flange tight enough to slow any further wear? Or would the wiggle be enough to cause the bolt to back out?
    found this, might help you out. . . http://lsjc.org/board/showthread.php?t=37677

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    This jeep sucks! You will never finish it! You are a little girl! BDR, if you disagree, just reply and tell me I am wrong!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    This jeep sucks! You will never finish it! You are a little girl! BDR, if you disagree, just reply and tell me I am wrong!
    But he can't repl-.....oh wait that's why its funny!

BDR smokes pole!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I heard that Buffalo Bob guy shoved a road flare up BDRs bunghole!
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Hoo ra!
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Oh man. If BDR doesnt respond within 24 hrs, then legally I am obligated to confirm this as the god's honest truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    That is 100% true, my friend's brother's cousin's sister saw the video tape.
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    Oh man. If BDR doesnt respond within 24 hrs, then legally I am obligated to confirm this as the god's honest truth.
    it's the only logical explanation...the truth may hurt but BDR's no liar!

True Hollywood Stry
    I heard bdr's gone underground and immersed himself deeply in the gay jeep culture. He also now calls his fj a Jeep.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    I heard bdr's gone underground and immersed himself deeply in the gay jeep culture. He also now calls his fj a Jeep.
    FJ's aren't made by jeep?
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette