Thread: extra air tank for compressor

lowballing someone

extra air tank for compressor

looking for a 20-30 gallon air tank to enhance the capacity of my 33 gallon craftsman compressor so it will work better with the plasma. my compressor is only a little over a year old so i don't want to replace it. It has been great and i like having it 120v so i can take it anywhere if I need to.

Would it hurt the compressor to add that much more capacity?

I have one of those little portable 5 gallon fill up tanks but think more would be better
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

extra volume won't hurt it, at the shop I worked at in plano every compressor we killed became a tank. If its 120v I'm thinking its oiless and from personal experience running them past the duty cycle kills them. Big tanks will do that.

lowballing someone
    yes its oil less, didn't plan on running a plasma and also didn't want it to be 220 cause the only outlet we have is for the dryer and that would be a pita and didn't think it was worth it to add an outlet to the garage for college
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    yes its oil less, didn't plan on running a plasma and also didn't want it to be 220 cause the only outlet we have is for the dryer and that would be a pita and didn't think it was worth it to add an outlet to the garage for college
    extension cord! go to that electric place in bryan and you can make an extra HD one for like $30

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    extension cord! go to that electric place in bryan and you can make an extra HD one for like $30
    Not very long! The ends are quite expensive themselves.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

lowballing someone
    brian just got a 30 or so foot one from home depot, he just got the correct guage for the plasma cutter and put some ends on it. according to the manual you can use up to 50 foot at that guage.