As some of you know, the slow-fitty-fo in my crewcab has been giving me **** for about a year. I've replaced everything ****ing thing that is considered replaceable and its still being a *****. The main problem right now is intermittent hard starting. Most mornings, when there is no one around and I'm going to work, it will fire right up. Later in the day (particularly when there are alot of people around) it usually takes 5-10 seconds of cranking to fire up. Then people laugh at me. It sucks. I'm going to do a compression test this weekend but it doesnt burn any more oil than "normal" and runs fine once going so I'm skeptical that that is the problem. Clarke speculated that the computer might be FUBAR because they have had similar problems with cars at Lance's shop and swapping out the ECM has usually fixed it.

My ECM says "remanufactured by GM" on it so it has ****ed up before. The part number is 09366810 and a new one costs $284.20 from GM (Rockauto is ~$220) and still has to be programmed. The parts guy I talked to said I could take my truck to a dealership and have them diagnose it, but I get the feeling that will end up being a "There is nothing wrong with it, that will be $200." Is there anywhere else in town that can do this kind of diagnostic scan (Flemco)? I can easily remove the puter from the truck or take the whole damn thing. It should be noted that my exhaust is completely ****ed up and leaking from prety much every joint as well as a few rust holes in the muffler. It sounds like total **** and is my next priority for fixing but I dont know if that would contribute to the hard start issue.