Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTB ford 8.8

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar

WTB ford 8.8

Preferably out of a 97-01 ford explorer....
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

message sent thanks for the heads up
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Is 600-800$ the going price on those damn things?

will my 9 inch not work?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Last edited by 85cj7; 11-29-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    will my 9 inch not work?
    since ive never done an axle swap before i was thinking that the 8.8 would be a little easier but im open to suggestions...how much are you asking? and what did it come out of?

lowballing someone
    you could also use the 44 out of his bronco
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    since ive never done an axle swap before i was thinking that the 8.8 would be a little easier but im open to suggestions...how much are you asking? and what did it come out of?
    My bronco, $500. Its listed in my for sale thread. I'm pretty sure it will be wider than an explorer 8.8, so endless your going full width in the front it might not be a good idea.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

lets not get ahead of ourselves here...all im lookin for is a rear axle for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    My bronco, $500. Its listed in my for sale thread. I'm pretty sure it will be wider than an explorer 8.8, so endless your going full width in the front it might not be a good idea.
    thanks for the offer but im gonna keep my eyes peeled for an 8.8

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    Is 600-800$ the going price on those damn things?
    I would say a stock ford explorer 8.8 axle is worth $50 to $100. The 4.10 gears are probably another $200. The detroit locker is another $300 atleast. So I would say if that is the axle with the gearing you want then, it could be worth $500. I would think $800 would be high.

Do you already have 4.10's?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

there are tons of them in the junkyard thanks to the gubment.

Meet the on-line junkyard search engine. Looks like you can get one with 4.10 ratio for about $150. 3.73 down to $75.
    http://www.car-part.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    Meet the on-line junkyard search engine. Looks like you can get one with 4.10 ratio for about $150. 3.73 down to $75.
    http://www.car-part.com/
    That site is awesome thanks.