Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Nope I drive it every day
    Ah I see. Yeah you definitely need a 3/4 ton truck then

Howabout take that 10k budget and buy a pimp ass crate motor and put the rest in the bank to pay for repairs as needed. Because that will put you in a much more reliable rig than any smokemachine you're gonna pick up within your budget. Unless you buy Andy's, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Ah I see. Yeah you definitely need a 3/4 ton truck then

Howabout take that 10k budget and buy a pimp ass crate motor and put the rest in the bank to pay for repairs as needed. Because that will put you in a much more reliable rig than any smokemachine you're gonna pick up within your budget. Unless you buy Andy's, of course.
    agreed, unless you are looking for a vehicle to tow your bronco around. just pimp out the bronco for like ~$5-7K
    or if you just want a nice daily driver w/o the need of a tow rig, just buy a car or a tacoma or something. cheap/easy to drive.

i rode a bike to school

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post

Travis riced the fork out of his, i bet that's most of his problems (im not going to back to read his whole thread)

putting a 80 hp "econo" setting on a 7.3 is ricing it?
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

yeah, screw 3/4 ton diesels. they are worthless!

dump 6k into a bronco that will never ever be worth that. that would be the smart thing to do.

If i wasnt rebuilding my '03 from my ****-up. id be looking for a clean 91-93 dodge cummins to buy. super clean ones can be had for around 5k. motors rarely have anything go wrong with them. leave it stock and get 20mpg. good solid truck. i love the 'ugly' body style. but alot of people hate it.i know several people who have over 300k on these era dodge's. greg from 4wd factory comes to mind, he drives his dually non stop.

my dads power joke started falling apart around 220-230k. expensive repairs just werent worth the cost.

First gen Dodge's looks tits and you cant beat the drivetrain but jesus a more uncomfortable to drive truck has never been made.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    putting a 80 hp "econo" setting on a 7.3 is ricing it?
    thank you , Andy's excursion is more "riced" than mine was.

just as Karl did I drove the hell out of it, and never had any serious problems besides the clutch. The valair clutch was a flaming piece of **** and the second one they sent me would not even bolt to the flywheel, which they also sent.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    thank you , Andy's excursion is more "riced" than mine was.

just as Karl did I drove the hell out of it, and never had any serious problems besides the clutch. The valair clutch was a flaming piece of **** and the second one they sent me would not even bolt to the flywheel, which they also sent.
    Ford is gay and the harness for the injectors is built into the valve covers gaskets. i knew you had problams with that.

he is driving a 79 ford bronco. i am currently driving a 79 f350. believe me, a 1st gen dodge would be a helluva step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    Ford is gay and the harness for the injectors is built into the valve covers gaskets. i knew you had problams with that.
    I don't know what the deal was with that, remember it worked fine for you but would not allow me to get out of first gear. but that was a easy < 1 hour fix.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

I drove a sub 1k beater in college and was happy. I am with coop, get a bike.

Why does every college kind need two rides? just buy a 2K acord and put the rest in stock, you will be better off.

or buy a 2k honda and a 3K used gasser pickup from the early 90's.

or just the truck.

or just take the 10k, invest it, and drive your bronco.

My old Scout drove all over the USA and still found some trail time. I am amazed the "hard" decision people have, I am chuckling along with hippy and JB.

Chief
    You could finance a cheap car and spend the rest of your moolahs on gettin the bronco up to par

If you're secure enough to drive a car...

I didn't drive a beater in college but I did drive a 5 year old Tundra and couldn't even think about another vehicle, I had a hard enough time making the rent and beer money every month. Saved up enough money to sell my tundra and finance a small portion of the FJ Cruiser and had a wheeler and daily driver for the next three years. I also do not understand having multiple vehicles in college, when one can not afford it.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    You could finance a cheap car and spend the rest of your moolahs on gettin the bronco up to par

If you're secure enough to drive a car...

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    I didn't drive a beater in college but I did drive a 5 year old Tundra and couldn't even think about another vehicle, I had a hard enough time making the rent and beer money every month. Saved up enough money to sell my tundra and finance a small portion of the FJ Cruiser and had a wheeler and daily driver for the next three years. I also do not understand having multiple vehicles in college, when one can not afford it.
    definatly the last two people i would expect sound vehicle advice from...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Uh,
    1. My parents are paying for it.

2. Since my bronco will no longer be insured I will need a truck capable of towing it.

3. I want a diesel because I like them and I don't want a little ******* truck

Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03 View Post
    definatly the last two people i would expect sound vehicle advice from...
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Uh,
    1. My parents are paying for it.

2. Since my bronco will no longer be insured I will need a truck capable of towing it.

3. I want a diesel because I like them and I don't want a little ******* truck
    besides the diesel nay-sayers. what have you decided on?

and insurance is like $35 a month. keep it.