Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Nasty Bastard

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    more pics

http://m553.photobucket.com/albums/s...8oDrvME%2F8%3D

Bonus stuff from behind the rear seat.
    8274 winch controller, 2 tow straps without hooks, 1 large ratchet strap, wd-40, pink towel, beer cans, and 2x4 that spaces the back seat.
    I am going to kick you in the junk for posting the link that leads you to 'Mobile Photobucket'. That **** is a pain in the arse to get back to normal viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

True Hollywood Stry
    I was wondering if that was gonna happen. I'll see if I can change the settings on my phone so it doesn't happen again.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

You're not the first one to do it like that, so don't sweat it.

This truck is going to be peemptackular!
    'Cause if she don't,

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post

Specs:
    round driveshafts front and rear
    i laugh

"who's fruckee" ("I wanna be part of the Buster & Sharpe clan" is too long for a rig name)

No flex and floorboards? Turns out you're in luck. These are NOT things that you need. Highly optional. Just get bigger tires and have your date watch his toes.

Looks like a fun rig though, congrats! Can't wait to see pictures bigger than my avatar.

...and Krebs called dibs on the pink towel.
    Last edited by davido; 01-07-2010 at 01:51 AM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    "who's fruckee" ("I wanna be part of the Buster & Sharpe clan" is too long for a rig name)

No flex and floorboards? Turns out you're in luck. These are NOT things that you need. Highly optional. Just get bigger tires and have your date watch his toes.

Looks like a fun rig though, congrats! Can't wait to see pictures bigger than my avatar.

...and Krebs called dibs on the pink towel.

You're just jealous of the awesomeness that is a fullsize chevy!
    'Cause if she don't,

True Hollywood Stry
    Alright I am new to the Chevy game so some info on what stuff is popular mods would be helpfull.

Immediate things that need attention:
    Make the front flex better. Sharpe said that he factory leaves are 48" long and factory springs that arent worn out or have a negative arch are fairly rare. Right now it has either 4 or 6 inch lift springs. Do these springs have a centered spring pin? I am thinking about using a combo of dodge-48" 3 thick leaf pack centered pin, Waggie fronts-46" 5 leaf pack with 2" spring offset, and cj rear 44" with 6 leafs and a centered pin. Will more long leafs flex better or worse? I will also need to make a longer shackle to make up for the lift removed by the lift spring removal. Will stock springs and a longer shackle require a long slip drive shaft or will this only come when i go with chevy 52" springs?

Now for the rear I need to try and flex it out to see how bad it does flex. Right now it has a set of stock leaves that seem very stiff and thick. It also has the ghetto chevy shackle flip where someone cut a whole in the bottom of the hanger and dropped the shackle that way. How much lift roughly does this give? I would like to make or buy a Shackle flip kit. Karl was telling me there was a company selling a cut out but not welded kit to make both rear flipped hangers, but he couldnt remember the name. Has anyone heard of something like this?

How far forward can I move the front axle forward without making the push/pull steering angry? Are the rear stock springs a centered spring pin or offset, if offset how much? Thanks in advance
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Before you do anything else get rid of the push-pull steering. I see crossover kits for sale used on TX4x4 prety regularly and a brand new ORD kit isnt really that expensive. For the shackle flip, use a set of the forward rear spring hangers. That is what is on Pigpen and I have a few more sets at my shop. Rear 52" springs are center pin and 56" springs have a 4" offest pin.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

lowballing someone
    use a set of stock rear 52's for the front spring. its what brian has and alot of other people. good flex and if you ever do break or mess up one then replacements are easy to get. it will give you 4: lift and you can grind a few rivets, move the hanger to stock holes in the frame and make the front work without to much work, rear shackle flip is 4". brian fits 40's that way, but theres trimming and bumpstops involved
    Last edited by colman; 01-07-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    but theres trimming and bumpstops involved
    THAT'S an understatement.

lowballing someone
    o and the trees in clayton 2 yrs ago helped with some of the kustom body work
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

since you have lack of body panels near your tires i would recommend chevy 52" springs on all 4 corners, that is what i am running and it flexes pretty good for leaf springs

True Hollywood Stry
    Alright I did some looking tonight and I figured some stuff out.
    The rear is a 6 leaf pack with one huge overload. Part of the reason it doesn't flex well out back is #1 is that the shackle is very short and sits perfectly vertical at ride height, #2 on uptravel the shackle hits the hanger where they did the ghetto shackle flip and dropped it through the bottom of the hanger.

When I measured the wheelbase from center of the front hub to the center of the rear hub it was like 98", if I swap to my stock waggie 54" leaves I can get 4" more wheelbase and get a better shackle angle. If I swap to 2.5 wide 56 inch ford springs I can stretch it by 7" which would give me a great departcher(sp) angle. Or I could put in a 2" zero rate on the stock 52" rears, and call it good.

The front will take some thought since my frame has been cut off right in front of the front spring hangers.
    Why don't more people run waggie rears with an offset or the 56's with the offset in the front?

Push/pul won't be taken off for a while because I don't want to change to much on here till I have had it and wheeled it for 6-8 months before changing lots of stuff.

What would I need to change the np205 for a 208 or 241 that would give me better gearing? I have the figure 8 adapter? Sorry for all the questions but I don't know much about Chevys or standards.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 01-08-2010 at 12:59 AM.

why not use the waggy/cherokee/whateverthefawkitis box off the nastypile along with its steering components to achieve cross over? aint it all GM **** anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    why not use the waggy/cherokee/whateverthefawkitis box off the nastypile along with its steering components to achieve cross over? aint it all GM **** anyways?
    Chevy mounts their steering boxes on the wrong side of the frame. (The outside, that is.)
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300