Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Nasty Bastard

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    It is "fine." It worked well enough for me for four years before I decided to change it.
    Wasn't you old setup crossover not full high steer? I sure as he'll didn't spend all the cash on the other parts to end up with ****ty crossover. I don't want to ghetto this then have to redo it in a couple years.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Yah, tierod was still mounted low. The biggest issue with running the pitman arm facing forward is spring clearance. You are gonna have to come up with something creative to solve this issue. If an off the shelf option would have worked, I'd have done it.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    What about moving the box forward 3"?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

That would be a retarded amount of work because of the dimples in the frame.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    Alright I'm not going to buy any other parts till I get it all under there and see how it fits. If I go with the van box and tie rod behind the axle what is the minimum that I have to move it forward to make it work I can really only move my axle forward about 5 inches without running out of frame?

I had to extend my frame substantially to make the draglink parallel with the axle. About from my winch plate forward is where its extended.

True Hollywood Stry
    Wow this really brings the gay. What about a 2wd box, and then move the tierod behind the axle so that it does not hit the draglink? Thanks for the info sharpe.

Worse off I have a ford steering box that is tapped that I could prolly use.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 10-20-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Moving the tierod behind the axle is the orginal intent and design of the double ended arms. There could be clearance issues with your engine crossmember though. I dont know for sure, because I have a kustom crossmember.

Putting a Ford box on this thing under some guise of making correcting this situation easier is gayer than cum in a mustache.

True Hollywood Stry
    I think the crisis has been averted. I talked with Brian today, and he said he moved it about 4". He has the draglink in front of the axle and the tie-rod behind. He is also running the same pitman and 2wd box that I have. I am going to call mad4wd tomorrow and see if I can exchange one of my arms for the double ended style.

glad i could help

True Hollywood Stry
    This weekend I regeared the front and rear dana 60's to 5.86's, and swapped in the welded carriers. I also did most of the work on the rear 60 to accept the sterling 10.25 35 splines.

Today, I started the transmission crossmember. Hopefully I will get it wrapped up tomorrow. Yes, i am going to gusset the outside of the plate driveshaft hump and cut out the bottom of the square tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 10-25-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Sweet pits in that metal. What are you going to do about the exhaust?

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I vote just dump the exhaust in the cab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Sweet pits in that metal. What are you going to do about the exhaust?
    Prolly y-pipe it over to the driverside and run a single pipe or run the two pipes next to each other on the driveside since I have alot more room there.

Good plan. On Pigpen, my crossover runs right under the dust cover for the trans and Y's into the single 4" which then runs straight out the back. It looks like it hangs down kinda low but it is fairly protected by the front shackles and it was really the only way to run it.