Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Nasty Bastard

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    astro van box i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

True Hollywood Stry
    Cool im gonna stick with the 2wd psc box I got from ed and get a set of the frame plates from off-road design to help out with the cracking issues.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

The reversed box is from a fullsize van, not an astro. The astro van boxes are reverse as well but they mount inside the frame like a C/K series.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

i got the frame repair kit, you should also look in to their brace, or atleast make your own, it will help a bunch

True Hollywood Stry
    38's are to small 42" iroks are where it's at.

http://m553.photobucket.com/albumvie...2FDsbHZVoEg%3D
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

lowballing someone
    have you put the one tons in yet?
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

No.

'Cause if she don't,

What is your wheelbase as it sits right now? When I get around to linking mine (if I can't build or find a tube chassis to throw the drivetrain in one day), I would like to end up pushing the front out and move the rear forward a bit so that I end up with equal length driveshafts.
    'Cause if she don't,

True Hollywood Stry
    No but I am collecting all the parts to swap everything in. I plan on wheeling it pretty much as is for the next 6 months or so since it is working fine right now. It seems I enjoy actually wheeling not towing a turd 7 hrs to break it right away and spending the weekend pissed. I am gonna swap stuff in slow and build it right the first time.

The guy I bought it from said 101" but I roughly measured it when I got it and it was closer to 98". Eventually I would like to be around 110" on the same sized frame as it is right now. Which consists of being chopped off 2" in front of the factory hangers and shortened like 23" out back. For reference the space from the back of the cab to the back bumper is 57".
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 02-07-2010 at 11:48 PM.

True Hollywood Stry
    Alright I temporarily fixed the clutch linkage that broke at gilmer.

So I kinda torn as what to do. My current clutch is on it's way out. I bought a late model sm 465 with 32 spline output and a complete hydraulic clutch setup that has been rebuilt. My current trans is the crappy 10 spline output with the figure 8 pattern attached to a fixed rear output 205. I also have a 32 spline slip yoke np208 that would bolt up to the late model 32 spline trans as well as another 27 spline 208 that can be used as parts.

My options seem to be:
    1. Swap the late model bell housing and hydro setup onto the 10 spline trans and get a new clutch
    pros- keep the strength of the 205 and fixed rear yoke.
    Cons- 205's sucky gear ratio

2. Swap in late model 465 with 32 spline 208 and take spare t-case parts with me on trips.
    Pros- will get me right at 100:1 crawl ratio, all internals of trans were replaced/rebuilt 6 months ago and have 300 miles on them.
    Cons- Aluminium chain driven slip yoke case, have the pain in the ass of carry spare t-case parts.

Also I assume I can swap the hydro bell housing onto the the older non hydro trans is this true? I thought I saw something on tx4x4 saying that I can't do that but I can't seem to find the thread again or figure out why that would be true.

What brand of cluthes do you all like for trail rigs? The late model came with centerforce 2 but I haven't heard good things about them.

lowballing someone
    the thing with chevy hdro is they did different things so get everything with it and remember the year
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    the thing with chevy hdro is they did different things so get everything with it and remember the year

Do what? Are you trying to say that the setup changed from year to year or what? If so what parts changed? So will the late model stuff go onto the older trans?

lowballing someone
    from what i read when i was thinking about going chevy and hydro is that its not like alot of other chevy stuff where it is all the same. so u need to get the master, slave, bhousing from the same vehicle and remember what it is. i could be wrong and i would love for someone else to confirm or deny this.you can bolt a late bh on an early trans afaik and as long as you have the rest of the hydraulics that match the late bh then you are golden

True Hollywood Stry
    Well that I have all the parts I need but unfortunately I don't know what yr model the stuff I have came out of.

Also about how many inches of lift does the front end 52 inch spring swap net? I realize there are variable like how far the front perch is moved and how many leaves are in your pack, I'm just looking for a ballpark figure.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 03-10-2010 at 09:28 PM.

a 52 swap will net about 4 inches lift